Full Theatrical Trailer with "G.I. Joe 2"

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Devon, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another date to count down to!:)

The equivalent trailer for Star Trek was one of the best trailers ever. If they can equal or top it, I'll be extremely impressed.

5. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Makes sense as this movie will have the same target audience as G.I. Joe 2.

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

You just don't give up. :lol:

A trailer was also in front of The Hobbit and the upcoming Oz, the Great and Powerful.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The people with all the money?

8. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

hope we get a 2 minutes plus trailer.

9. DalekJim

Yeah, only the richest and most sophisticated type of audience pay to see meat-headed Bruce Willis and The Rock action movies.

10. BillJ

Do you simply not know how to enjoy something for what it is? I'm looking at my DVD/Blu-ray shelf and I see an eclectic collection of films with Commando and 2001 sitting right next to each other.

11. James T. Vader

James T. Vader Lieutenant

Why isn't your shelf alphabetized? ;)

I seriously don't get the hipster too cool for Abrams Trek thing that I've seen here. Star Trek Movies have never been "Fun." THey've been really dorky people trying to make really dork jokes for a very specific dorky audience.

That's how we get things like Data singing Life Forms, becoming a flotation device and Picard doing the mambo or Kirk and Spock singing row row row your boat after they failed to meet god, or an entire subplot of Deanna Troi being raped for fun. Or Worf being promoted on an old sailing vessel in full 18th century costume.

THis is why STar Trek died in 2002. Then was kept on Cartoonish life support for 3 more years.

Let's face it, with the exception of nu-Trek, Star Trek hasn't been good since the spring of 1999.

12. DalekJim

What? Wrath of Khan is one of the most fun sci-fi action movies to watch.

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

And I don't get the "pre-Abrams Trek has no redeeming qualities and deserves to be forgotten" attitude thing I've seen here.

The truth is that for 30 years Star Trek was one of the world's more popular TV/movie franchises. And things people often ridicule pre-Abrams Trek for (stilted dialogue, battle scenes you can makes sense out of, lack of lens flares) are what drew people in. And if it weren't for people tuning in to see that week after week and going to theatres to see the eight movies that were released in the first thirty years, then there wouldn't be anything for Abrams to modernize and his fans wouldn't have the chance to enjoy the 2009 movie or STID. Everything Abrams Trek is it owes to Prime Trek. Undeniable fact.

14. BillJ

Many of the things you hold against the latest film were in TWOK as well and many fans believed TWOK wasn't "true" Star Trek. :shrug:

15. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Dammit, you beat me. I was going to post about it but the battery for my wireless keyboard died...grr.

RAMA

16. DalekJim

Wrath of Khan has thematic depth, strong characterisation and a sense of timing, patience and maturity to its storytelling. Compare the Kobayashi Maru test in both films. Tells you everything you need to know about why I vastly prefer STII.

Or compare Khan to Nero as villains...

17. BillJ

Both were played by scene chewers and had no real reason to be mad at the people they were mad at.

Really, Khan's reason for wanting revenge was Kirk didn't babysit him.

They're both entertaining movies made thirty years apart with differences in audience expectations and technology.

18. DalekJim

You seriously think Khan is as bad as Nero!?

19. BillJ

I think Montalban was the better actor. But both performances were covered in cheese and the characters both had weak motivations.

Honestly, Kruge was the Trek movie villain with the most straight-forward motivation. He wanted to acquire a weapon to gain power.

20. James T. Vader

James T. Vader Lieutenant

His motivations were. Khan fully accepted the role to build life on Ceti Alpha Five, but Six blew up and killed Marla, and Khan got mad at Kirk for the planet blowing up and killing her. Spock tried to help Nero save Romulus but was too late. Nero blamed spock for Romulus blowing up.