Listening to Christmas Music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MHT1138, Nov 12, 2012.

?

When do people start listening to Christmas music?

1. Christmas Eve

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Thanksgiving weekend

22 vote(s)
    37.9%
  3. Sometime in November

12 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. I listen to Christmas music all year round

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. I don't listen to Christmas music

11 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. Shaytan

Shaytan Vice Admiral Admiral

Never if I can avoid it.

But there is no reason for you foreigners to not suffer with me during those 4min38 :evil: :devil:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ZmTMzN5NY[/yt]

There is version with Mireille Mathieu too if this one is not enough...

2. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I love Christmas music. I usually hold off on listening until Thanksgiving, but I must admit that I've already added my favorite Christmas song to my playlist. Maybe because it's been a long time since I've seen my family. It makes me teary every time:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iwfLN4K1hA[/yt]

3. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I start listening to it the weekend after Thanksgiving. I crank it up while I'm decorating the front yard - mostly because I like it but also to annoy the neighbors.

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

No, but "What Child is This?" is set to the same tune.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Whenever the shops start playing it. :)

The radio station I generally listen to usually starts playing Christmas-related music & carols in December, though I've noticed that the most recent time they played something from The Nutcracker, the presenter couldn't help adding in a x-weeks-until-Xmas type comment anyway.

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Me, too!! I LOVE "White Wine in the Sun." It's on my MP3 player year-round. :bolian:

7. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Me, whenever I feel like it. I have some Christmas-themed mashups on my MP3 player of choice, and sometimes I can't help but break them out once in a while (or if I play them accidentally).

That, or whenever BBC Three shows the Doctor Who Christmas specials during its repeats cycle. :lol:

8. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

It's such a beautiful song, and so well encapsulates how I feel about Christmas. I really do get teary when I listen to it!

9. EKeelerWasRight

EKeelerWasRight Lieutenant Junior Grade

Shaytan, don't say that. I have always loved Petit Papa Noel. Didn't know about Mireille's version though. I was recently in France and picked up a big four disk boxed set of French Christmas songs from FNAC. I haven't listened to it yet though.

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh it's wonderful, I love that song. It captures our Xmas's perfectly, that pretty much describes the day.

11. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Same. It's bombardment by the stuff on the radio (not so much now, only a station or two do the all Christmas music all the time thing) and in stores.

*Here's to hoping I don't have to hear Paul Mccartney's 'It's a Wonderful Christmastime' this year. I HATE that song with a passion :lol:...*

12. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I started today. Whenever my Mum an I bake our gingerbread cookies and nativity scene figures for Advent and Christmas we listen to either "The Messiah" by Händel or Bach's Christmas Oratorio, occasionally singing along. Usually, this starts later, though.

13. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

I've just started listening to it again, usually I slowly begin listening to more as November goes on until I'm playing it every day by December. I don't usually go for tradional Christmas music (although I don't mind hearing it- it reminds me of my childhood), and I only play a bit of Slade etc, I like finding the odd Christmas song by various bands, they can be surprisingly good.

14. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, the bands usually start working on holiday concert music 'round the end of high school football season. I've been rehearsing Christmas music for around a month now. As for listening to it recreationally, I usually start that around Thanksgiving, although I'm certainly listening to it professionally long before.

The day comes that I don't get excited by A Christmas Festival from October through December, it's time to hang up my boots and baton.

15. MHT1138

MHT1138 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am lucky that in my retail place of employment, the Christmas songs are interspersed with the regular songs so the customers, and more importantly, the employees don't get sick of Christmas music.

I was actually originally going to put the December option in the poll, but then I realized after I started filling out the options that I should have a choice for people who don't listen to Christmas music. Is there a way to edit the number poll options after one starts to make the poll?

16. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love christmas music, it's really fun, mostly. I start in november sometime, late november though.

This song is amazing, funny how one of the best christmas songs is about how a kid's belief in father christmas is totally destroyed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXCEdrnaFlY

17. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

We started yesterday. We love it.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

My dad's church does the Hallelujah Chorus during their Easter service. I totally love it. I wish my church did that. (The reason my dad and I go to different churches is that I like the more contemporary worship style, and he doesn't. We're both Lutherans though. :) )

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE[/yt]

19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

sure they interspace them with other songs, but do enough hours in a day/week and you can soon tire of them.

20. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My family starts listening just after Thanksgiving, when one of the local radio stations starts playing it 24/7.

But my wife and I have been planning our now-annual outing to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra for several months now. I got tickets several years ago as a Christmas present to her, really not knowing what to expect outside of the music we've heard on the radio. We were both completely blown away by that concert! The sounds, lights, pyrotechnics, moving stages, video screens, etc. were far and away much more impressive than anything we had ever seen before, even better by far than the Pink Floyd concert we went to in 1994.