Who here actually works on a fan production?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Loken, Oct 21, 2013.

1. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

hmm...I've been involved in a lot of different productions in a lot of different ways. It started with Walter Koenig begging me to help out "New Voyages". I started as on-set wardrobe and in the ensuing years I've been costumer, costume designer, event planner, SAG contact, PR, news editor, producer, makeup lead, production coordinator, story editor, co-writer, writer, development officer, scheduler/AD, website adminstrator, convention/media contact, "the sane Susan to James' Gene", and a whole host of other things... I've done costumes for other productions including Project Potempkin and Secret Voyage, been a costume consultant for such films as Farragut and Excalibur, helped develop several fan films beside P2, and am right now the co-executive producer of Starship: Ironsides - which is in development and almost ready to take off like a....starship!

2. Wyldemusick

Wyldemusick Cadet Newbie

Late to the party, but in-the-past (and possibly to come, pending discussions) -- voice actor for Pendant's late lamented Defiant series, and also played Malcolm Reed in the barely among us NX-01; also composed and recorded the orchestral title music for that one, and was to have scored the series...alas, it never got the retweaked pilot done.

3. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm not involved in any current Trek productions, but I have done some acting, as well as filming, construction, painting, electrical, video editing, and script review locally. If any Trek fan film could use an extra hand, I would be happy to help.

4. Phantassm

Phantassm Vice Admiral Admiral

Count me in. Actor and producer of Starship Valiant.

5. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Being that we have announced that Axanar will be building sets here in Los Angeles, if any of you are interested in joining our team, please let me know.

Alec

6. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I will sweep the floors..LOL ;)

7. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

You are hired. Do you do windows?

:)

8. AdmiralMike

AdmiralMike Ensign Newbie

I was the Story Editor for Star Trek: Hidden Frontier for 3 1/2 years. At present, I don't have any writing projects, so if anyone is looking for a poor itinerant writer...;)

9. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    The closest I ever got to working on a fan production of anything was many years ago, when some friends in Calgary were working on a Doctor Who fan film. Production ground to a halt the day I was there when one of the people had an accident and was impaled by a rather large nail, and ended up going to emergency.

I don't suppose there's anything Trek-related going on in or near Central Alberta (in Canada)...

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately yes, but not Windows 8 because it sucks. LOL

Still, I have been know to turn old Firefly/Serenity sets into new bridge sets, windows not included. ;)

11. Sir Rhosis

Sir Rhosis Commodore Commodore

12. SebastianProoth

SebastianProoth Ensign Red Shirt

I work on a production called Star Trek: The Continuing Mission.

We are also accepting script pitches at this time.

Our show is a little darker but we try to keep Star Trek alive with our work.

New episode coming in May 2014.

Let me know what you think!

13. oswater

oswater Ensign Red Shirt

I work on a series called Star Trip: The ...What? Generation. We only have the two episodes so far and the second one is more of a re-pilot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PLmw_LZxJ0 - Latest episode
    I'm currently working on a couple non-trek related videos but once those are finished it's right back into episode three.