‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Something that further explains why he could not possibly make the kinds of "rescues" some people felt he should have made in the second half of the film. On top of being inexperienced, he lacked that kind of power.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

That is totally true. Of course he did not no the limit of his powers when saving the oil rig.

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Regarding the rig, it looked more like he was in a precarious position, trying to delay an inevitable collapse rather than struggling to lift anything. Sure, he was putting in some strenuous effort, but that was probably more for dramatic effect. They made a point of showing us that he could hold the structure but his footing was weakening. If he couldn't fly, and if the rig was too fragile, there wasn't much else he could do but hold on to that house of cards the way he did.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

You never know how real these type of lists are. Every agent who represents an actor who fits that description is trying to get his clients name out there. I have not heard of most of those guys!

7. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^Conventional wisdom is to cast relative unknowns as superheroes, so that's not surprising.

8. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The thing with casting superheroes is, IMO, getting the main part of the character right. If you're casting Superman, you have to cast Superman. Anybody can play Clark Kent. If you're casting Iron Man, you have to cast Tony Stark. If you're casting Batman, you have to cast Batman. Anybody can play Bruce Wayne.

My opinion is that Christian Bale's Batman sucked. I've held back on that because he's so popular around these parts. But the lispy, mouth-breathing dog-barking Batman in the extremely bad cowl and the velvet cape and the motorcycle armor just isn't believable to me. I don't buy it.

Batman is a badass. Christian Bale is not. None of those pretty boys on that list are not either. I doubt they could convey the internal pain that is the reason for the Batman's existence, much less pull it off in the suit. Those guys might be ok as Bruce Wayne, but they're not Batman.

Read this, from Kevin Porter:

This guy knows the role, and would do a hell of a job. DC already employs him for public appearances. He has big screen experience. It's not much of a stretch for me to see him in a lead role in a major motion picture.

[​IMG]

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

An unauthorized e-book that focuses on one part of Bale's life? :shrug:

11. Captaindemotion

The quote is apparently from a friend who says 'he could probably make $50m for agreeing to 20 minutes work.' Somehow, this has become 'he's been offered $50m to return.'

12. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That's how modern journalism works.

13. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

And I suspect there'd be a lot more than 20 minutes of work involved.

14. Captaindemotion

The full article suggests also that Bale is as important to the Batman franchise as RDJ is to Iron Man. Now, I loved Bale's Batman and he was my first choice to play the role for a few years before BB. But Batman was a successful franchise before he came along and BB would probably have been as big a hit had they cast Jake Gylenhall, the second choice in the auditions.

By contrast, Iron Man was little known outside the comics and very unproven on the big screen. And that version of Tony Stark is arguably more infused with Downey's character than the comics' incarnation. I think Bale is easily the best screen Batman to date but I don't think he is as essential to the success of the character as Downey is to that of IM.

15. Captaindemotion

Stupid double post.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  16. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

17. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

18. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If Bale doesn't come back, it will only make the next movie that much better.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan.

19. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree. I have a lot of problems with the Bale movies, but he is one of the big ones. The guy sucks. His "Batman voice" has been parodied to death for a reason. I don't think anyone could have made what the writers wrote anything approaching decent, but Bale certainly wasn't helping.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the Nolan Batmovies, and thought that other than the voice Bale did a good job, but I don't see him coming back. They made it very clear that TDKR was the end of that version of Batman, and I don't really see them continuing that story or bringing Bale back for a different version of the character.