Trauma

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Mysterion, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone else watching this on NBc Monday nights?

I notice pretty much all the reviews are at least bad if not worse, but I kind of like this show. Sure it's not high-art and isn't likely to be mistaken for such, but it's not a bad way to spend an hour in front of the tube.

2. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

I watch it, and I like it.

3. Mysterion

Well. There's us two. Wonder if the other three will turn up?

Anywho...I think my favorite character is the helicopter medic. Seems there's some interesting directions they can go with his ongoing problems.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

So in what way is this series NOT the second coming of Third Watch? :D

5. Mysterion

*shrug* Only saw that series once or twice. But how was Third Watch not the second coming of Emergency! :)

6. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I've watched a few eps. It's the kind of thing I'll leave on in the background while I'm doing something else. It's not terrible, but there's nothing that makes it stand out to me, either. I'm guessing it'll get cancelled pretty fast.

7. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like it. It's not the greatest show in the world but it's a lot better than Mercy. I also like it better than Southland. At least the characters on Trauma are a little more likeable than the other 2.

It's too bad that Third Watch isn't still on. It was better than any of these shows.

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Trauma is DOA. Supposedly they are getting close to shutting down production because the 13 episodes were orders and NBC hasn't even hinted they want more.

NBC rather have mERcy.

9. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

Actually NBC just ordered three more episodes of the show. I enjoy it myself.

10. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Because Third Watch is awesome and Trauma is absolute shit.

11. bigdaddy

Did they order the episodes or the scripts? There is a huge difference.

12. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because after the post 9/11 year, season 3 and its aftermath Third Watch became Fort Apache The Bronx, in Manhattan with the cops getting into increasingly bizarre shoot outs. You would think they were in Baghdad or Colombia with all the firepower three different drug lords aimed at the 55. Then they introduced Sergeant Maritza (Vic Mackey) Cruz. As the paramedics took a backseat to her story.

I do love the show now that A&E took it off I'm close to getting a pirated DVD set since only season 1 &2 have been released.

13. bigdaddy

14. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

I expected this too, although it does make me mad on several levels, for one, as a native of the San Francisco area it is nice to A: see my home area in a TV show instead of just New York or LA (the most overused locations in media, just because you film there, doesn't mean it has to be set there) B: They were actually filming the show in the Bay Area, giving some life to the local economy.

With all the dough NBC put out for this show, it had to be a hit for them to sustain it, it's Studio 60 syndrome all over again, they get a good show, maybe not a fantastic audience, but the canvas to build from. Instead of working at it, and geting a good product, they drop it in the garbage disposal.

Also, More Mercy episodes?! Are you kidding me?! That show is completely unwatchable.

Nobody in the higher levels of NBC has earned their paycheck in years.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They tried it with Knight Rider, so what's to stop NBC from trying to bring back The A-Team, Miami Vice, Hunter, Riptide... ALF? :lol:

16. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well A-Team and Miami Vice have hit the big screen, they already tried bring back Hunter and moving him to San Diego. That leaves us with Law & Order: Alien Life Form.

17. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought that was lame when they brought Hunter back and didn't even promote it. I didn't see one commercial for it and didn't even know it had been resurrected until a couple of years after it was cancelled again.