Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

The entire issue was one giant cliche.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In a situation like that they need some one with almost no powers, who can have an origin and stumble onto godlike powers to save the day at the 11th hour.

Rick Jones used to be fabulous at that.

That's why we love Rick Jones.

And why he's been forgotten and unused since some dufus turned him into A-Bom.

In the NEW cartoon (Clancy Brown as Red Hulk should be better.), I'm not sure if the writers were clueless or it was too difficult to explain that there was a Hulk Villain out there called the Abomination, but "Rick" claimed that his super hero code name was a play on words, he wasn't the bomb, he was A Bomb... "shudder".

Sam is a mutant who can control birds.

He was one of the 198.

If Sam was in the last deep space mission, it's conceivable that the Phoenix force would have been his bitch.

And what about the Shiare?

To them, he's like the Purple Man.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

The 198? Sam's not a mutant.

4. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

He is an enhanced human like Cap or Spider-Man.

5. Nerys Myk

Yeah, the Red Skull enhance his rapport with birds, IICR. Sam's debut was one of the first CA comics I recall buying.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I liked Avengers 18, but the stand-out for me (so far) was Avengers Assemble 18.

While it did show us the same events from Avengers 18, it had a nice spin on it by giving it to us from Jessica's point of view. I also liked that we go a reference to Carol's recent troubles as well (I really cannot wait to read the next Captain Marvel to get more insight in that).

7. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

how is Falcon useful in space? what use is Spider-Woman?! was really hopeful she would die in Avengers Assemble this week. i'm still surprised Hickman kept her around. without Bendis writing her...and by writing her i mean having her naked every other issue...she serves no purpose.

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I find her to be a pretty fun character, when paired with Carol at least. For me, Deconnick has gone a long way in making Spider-Woman an interesting character to me, and I look forward to seeing more of her and Carol's friendship explored.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

As House of UIster stated the issue was a cliche. Falcon was shown in one panel basically punching air lol.

10. Nerys Myk

I gave up on Avengers Assembled and Captain Marvel months ago. Weak writing.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Incredible Hulk #12, pt2 of his time travel Age of Ultron aftermath through the timestream was interesting. It was an excuse for Rawhide Kid and the gang to appear in the Wild West, next jump back a few centuries to encounter the Black Knight.

12. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i gave up on Captain Marvel for weak writing. not sure why i'm still reading AA to be honest.

13. Admiral_Young

Captain Marvel started off a bit weak and had inconsistent art throughout...but has got stronger as the series started off. Avengers Assemble under Kelly Sue DeConnick has been more interesting to me than it was under Bendis.

Indestructible Hulk right now is basically Quantum Leap and really fantastic!

14. Guy Gardener

I remember once some time traveler tried to dazzle the 2 gun Kid with a digital watch and he said "Go fuck yourself, I used to share an apartment with Hawkeye in the 1980s."

Also... He was the security chief at She Hulks law firm when Slott was writing that book?

Please just pile onto the Apocalypse vs Rama Tut vs 60s Fantastic Four vs early 80s Doctor Strange vs late 80s west coast Avengers... Please, please, please.

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I dropped Captain Marvel after the first arc, which I just didn't care for.

Indestructible Hulk continues to be a favorite, despite not really caring for the current artist.

The team-up between Daredevil and the Silver Surfer was a lot of fun. It was fun seeing Matt control the Surfer's board during the search. Have they really never met before? That seems suspicious to me somehow.

16. Guy Gardener

[​IMG]

They've run into each other before.[​IMG]

17. Admiral_Young

Matt said specifically that he hasn't encountered Surfer a whole lot, which is true, but yeah "Daredevil" is a terrific book. Waid is doing marvelous work on it.

18. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Captain Marvel wowed me right out of the gate...but then again I am a tad biased as I was a fan of Carol's before the book even began. I found the first arc to really grab me as well. After that it kind of floundered a bit, but I stuck with it and am glad I did.

The art as you mentioned is still damned inconsistent...just when I was getting used to one style, they go and change artists!

Speaking of artists. I will be interesting to see how Captain America will look when John Jr. leaves the title after this next issue.

19. Nerys Myk

Probably the clunky armor version seen in other books.

20. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I wasn't too enamored with this month's Daredevil. Yeah it was neat seeing him team up with the Silver Surfer. But aside from that there wasn't a whole lot to the book. In the grand scheme of things it felt pretty light weight.

I understand a Silver Surfer ongoing is in the cards, perhaps they're trying to get him back into the public consciousness before they launch it?