DW Lego now a possibility

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Chris3123, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

LEGO Cuusoo

For those who aren't familiar with LEGO Cuusoo, it's something LEGO set up to allow people to submit and vote on custom LEGO set designs, with a possibility of becoming actual products. LEGO has already produced Back to the Future and Ghostbusters sets based on successful Cuusoo submissions.

This doesn't mean that LEGO will definitely be producing DW products in the future, just that it's no longer impossible.

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I really hope this happens. I've been wanting LEGO Doctor Who for years now.

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

So does this mean Character Building have lost/will lose their licence?

4. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

They could have also acquired (the possibility of) a sub-license, much as AudioGO had the Doctor Who audio license, which was then sub-licensed to Big Finish.

5. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The inner child in me is screaming with joy! :)

I always did really want Doctor Who Lego as a child, Lego and doctor who were two essentials to my childhood.

6. Chris3123

Nope. At least nothing like that has been announced.

7. ROBE

ROBE Commander Red Shirt

I hope Character lose the licence lots of fans are fed up with them producing super rares.
    Okay Lego did it once with Mr Gold but he was limited to 5000. Character Building super rares are limited to 500, 250 and 100.

8. Chris3123

That was quick. A Doctor Who set has already hit 10,000 supporters... which means it's headed to the review phase!

Project page with pics

Fantastic! :techman:

9. Green Lantern

*happy moment*

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Am I the only one who thinks actual Caucasian flesh coloured Lego people look weird?

11. Green Lantern

12. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They did at first, but I've gotten used to them, mostly.

13. Green Lantern

I grew up when the flesh coloured ones were only just coming in. I collected the Harry Potter Lego back when they were still using the yellow figures and if your brought all the sets it'd built up into a massive big playset (I had most of the sets). Then when the third film was coming out, they scrapped all that (no more compatibility :( ) but the figures were now in the flesh colour. I'm not sure if I already had some Spider-man 2 sets that were flesh or not but either way I didn't have any other flesh lego till this. The first flesh Harry Potter set I got was a tiny one with Malthoy as the only figure. I loved it and thought it was an improvement, it was weird having a flesh version of the figure you had about 100 times in yellow but I loved it. Looking back though my most sentimental Lego times were with mainly yellow figures (Jack Stone, yellow harry Potter and I also brought some old Spider-man 1 sets which I preferred as it has green goblin with it.)

I can see how flesh lego looks weird to some of you as you grew up only with yellow figures but I can take both. ;)

14. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder which was the harder shock: the flesh tone, or non-standard facial expressions (that started showing up on the yellow figures in the 90s)? ;)

15. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

More important than the toys is Lego Doctor Who: The Videogame.

16. chelly

chelly Commander Red Shirt

I would love it if they did a video game. :) That would be cool to see, since the other Lego video games are very good in my opinion. Never played with legos when I was a kid.