House: 7x17 "Fall from Grace" - Discussion, Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Mar 21, 2011.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Excellent

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Good

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Average

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. Bad

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

From TV.com:

House Medical Reviews

2. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

If house keeps popping Vicodin, I don't really care about the rest. I want to see his miserable again.

3. Trekker4747

Ditto. Screw character growth, that works great for movies and books, but for TV I want my characters fairly stagnant and interesting. Besides, a relapse is "realistic" isn't it?

But, as I said last week, in the past Cuddy and Wilson tolerated House's Vicodin use because he was in such severe pain and couldn't manage it (plus it made him a brilliant doctor.) But now we've seen him live the better part of two years managing his pain with OTC medication and we were shown last week that he no longer gets his "high" form solving cases; neither the metronome diagnostic trick, not the final, risky, surgical solution gave House a rush prompting him to dive off the balcony to get one. In the past both would've give him enough of a "rush" to get him to either his next diagnosis or his next patient. Now it's suggested neither is enough.

So I'm wondering if they'll have House give up the Vicodin again, or if "somehow" Cuddy and Wilson will tolerate it enough to write scripts for him again and I'm sure neither would tolerate him getting it through more sinister, and illegal, means.

4. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Wow... the revelation or what the homeless man really was, was just... wow.

5. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

After the preview for the next episode involving crime and death as well, I wonder if we might not have seen the last of him.

Or maybe he'll just kill Masters off-screen to keep the fans from whining about having her come back for a guest spot, handily solving the Jonas Quinn Problem.

6. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

A monster truck? Really? House has become a cartoon of his own character. There's no realism left to help suspend disbelief.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

This was a pretty broad episode, but that final twist was just ridiculous. Okay, having it turn out that Masters's faith in the guy was misplaced is fine, but they didn't have to take it to such a ludicrously exaggerated degree as making him a cannibalistic serial killer. The whole thing was kind of a parody of itself.

8. Trekker4747

Yeah, the monster truck bit was a bit too much. I could see him buying one, sure, he's been a fan of monster trucks since Season 1 but driving one around town and parking it at the hospital? That's a little over the top he'd be on the road for about two-minutes before getting his ass pulled over with the cop looking at him saying, "The hell?! Seriously, man?!"

And as much as Cuddy was caving in, I doubt she'd tolerate House parking an illegal vehicle at the hospital that's taking up four (or six) handicapped parking spaces. I do think a Segway would make for a nice disabled vehicle for someone with House's problem, though. ;)

Other than the monster truck stuff, I liked this episode (the DDx inside the truck, though, was sort of fun even though it couldn't be heard) and the POTW stuff as well as where it ended up and it hung on a bit of a thread so I'd suspect we'll see it wrapped up after the short hiatus. (The actor playing POTW, though, is right now only credited for one episode.)

I'll give this a "good" everything more or less seemed right on track of how I like things, even seeing House looking over stuff in his office with his reading glasses on but that scene was too juxtaposed with the scene immediately preceding it with the DDx in the truck. It went from cartoony nonsense to a well-made scene that felt like something from the early seasons.

The relationship between House and his two most senior fellows (Forman and Chase) was good in this episode and the subdued Huddy stuff, I think, is working nicely. I wonder where House's sham marriage will end-up going?

9. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Set the DVR, I'll watch it later.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The episode was rediculous! I know this is House, but my gods so lame.

Did like the twist at the end.

11. Flavius

Flavius Vice Admiral Admiral

Hm. Are they going to go Ally McBeal on us? Why not?

12. bigdaddy

Well there was the episode with the dreams and musical number....

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, I'm the only one that said "Shit it's Adam (From Joan of Arcadia)!" when the bum took his beard off?

It took me long enough to recognize the rodeo boy as hamburger from the 4400.

It's nice to see familiar faces.

There was nothing wrong with Ally McBeal till BonJovi and that Fucking Cheerleader. Sylar needs to go back in time and kill her before Ally takes the dna test authenticating the relationship and dooming the series.

14. bigdaddy

THAT'S WHERE HE'S FROM!

I couldn't figure it out, I kept going "where was this cute guy from?" and couldn't figure it out.

We will never see him again, but this episode would have been great for a House - Bones crossover.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Amber's "friend" got a job on House.

If it's not a coincidence, and Amber was doing him a solid, I hardly think a "favour" would be anything less than a offering the bloke a reappearing gueststar.

He's going to Kidnap Martha and feed her people until she decides that this is the life for her and that they should live happily ever after, if he just doesn't out and out want to eat her BECAUSE she was so nice to him.

(My logic is often proved to be flawed.)

16. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nope. My wife and I recognized him one we could see his face too. Nice little reunion there.

17. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, Tamblyn said in an interview he was cast and the director hadn't even seen Joan of Arcadia. Purely a coincidence.

18. bigdaddy

Yep and in the same interview she talked about how it was her that wanted to leave the show and not the writers.

I like her, wish she would have stayed. However I remember a time when Chuddy would go "only three helpers" and if she stayed there would be 5. :lol:

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

So am I the only one that recognized Chris Marquette from Joan or Arcadia before he shaved his beard? :p

20. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I read he was going to be in the episode, and I never watched the show... so I guess I don't count. :lol: