Stargate Continuum - Grading and Discussion

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Borg451, Jul 3, 2008.

?

What did you think?

1. 1 - V. Poor shouldnt have made this movie.

2.3%
  2. 2 - Pretty Poor

4.1%
  3. 3 - Meh.. okay. definitely worth a download..

22.2%
  4. 4 - V. Good.

60.8%
  5. 5 - Best Stargate ever.

10.5%
  1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Carter is that illusive kind of woman blessed with both great intelligence and eternal beauty. Personally being technobabbled at would still be a good day.

2. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Just got the DVD & watched it, I loved it. The first bit of Stargate I've seen in about 4 years that's really given me the old 'wow' feeling. Very impressed.

And I don't care if it was telegraphed as fuck, I laughed out loud at the 'off the top of your head' line :lol:

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

^Yeah that sword was sweet, I want one :lol:

Well the one annoyance for me was Ra, not only did they completely gloss over how Ba'al got the Supreme System Lord to bow down to him when the other System Lords could never have accomplished it combined, and that the actor looked nothing like Ra.

Unless Ba'al waited out Ra's host and prevented him from finding another one in this timeline. In the film it was hinted he more or less wore the skin of the host and nothing else because the 12,000 year old Goa'uld was now humanoid instead of snake like, something akin to the final "old age" stage of the actual creature.

Other than that it was great, got the DVD now. :techman:

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^The actor who played Ra here also played him in "Moebius". It is consistent with Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks not looking exactly like Kurt Russell and James Spader.

Stargate Command is even under a different mountain in the series.

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah but even with the actor change, we're supposed to believe that Ba'al went from being a second rate System Lord to conquering Ra's territory/forces when in the 'real' timeline the combined military force of the Goa'uld including Sokar and the pre-ascended Anubis could not defeat him.

6. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

Ba'al has the advantage of knowing exactly what didnt work against him, and what would.

Who knows how many times Ba'al went back in time and did things differently when things didnt go his way?

After all, from the first time he changed history, things would stop happening how he remembered it, but as long as he could still get away from any battle that went wrong, or more likely not be in the battle in the first place, he can always come back with a different tactic until he gets it right.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Ra was in the movie?

Where was I when this happened?

8. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

He was the guy you don't recognize when all the System Lords are lined up in front of Baal.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I see. Is this mentioned in the credits or something? I just figured it was some random System Lord.

10. Valandil

Valandil Captain Captain

I believe I remember seeing Ra credited, yeah.

11. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I missed part of the scene before but watching it again on DVD Quetesh remarks about being impressed that even Ra bowed to him, and there's an Egyptian looking man on the left of the line. And right enough in the credits is "Ra".

12. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Also, he's wearing the same mumu he had in "Moebius," modeled after the one he wore for his public appearance at the execution in the movie.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have to admit that in Moebius I was more focused on his GIANT HEAD.

That mask had to be hard to maneuver in.

14. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

You could tell he was stumbling around and depending on his two lovely assistants to keep him from walking into the wall. Something similar happened at the end of "Children of the Gods," when Apophis trips on the curtains of his sedan chair while getting out. So undignified.

15. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In other words....she looked hot with those glasses.

16. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^A fanboy's love for Carter is a quiet love. It's not noisy love like those fangirls and Flanigan. :D

17. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The librarian look she had when getting out of the cab? oh yeah :D

18. kitkat

kitkat Admiral Admiral

Exactly what are you implying? :vulcan:

Oh yeah.....Flanigan. :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

You poor deluded girl. (;))

20. chrinFinity

chrinFinity Captain Captain

By the time ba'al killed Grandpa Mitchell, Papa Mitchell was most likely already around.

The grandfather paradox kind of loses its teeth if you arrive too late to prevent the conception.

Wellll, not exactly. Selmak died from Jacob's old age / disease. Selmak had deliberately stayed in Jacob far past the point of diminishing returns when it comes to restoring the host's body to good health, because he had important work that needed doing which prevented him from investing his efforts finding a new host. Selmak and Jacob both knew that Selmak needed a new host cuz Jacob was dying, but they agreed to ignore this fact in favour of finishing their work... effectively sacrificing Selmak in the process. When it finally came to light, it was too late, as Selmak no longer had enough strength to change hosts.

Look at the Go'a'uld infested Unas they found .. uhh .. that one time. That's about the oldest Go'a'uld we've ever known to exist as an audience, I think they basically "live forever" for dramatic purposes, provided they have access to a pool of viable hosts for when / if their current host body can no longer support them.