Quick YouTube question

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I used to get recommended videos to show up on the right. The list was based on other videos i watched.
    Now those videos don't show up on the right anymore. Can you help?

2. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe reduce your browser window size (Control+mouse wheel turn)?

3. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

YouTube changed their site layout the other day - look for 'What to watch' in the sidebar on the left - they'll appear there mixed in with your subscriptions. Which is a bit rubbish if you ask me. I preferred the old version, and I kept getting caught up in their A-B testing so much that the version of the site I was on changed with every click!

4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah the new layout sucks. I liked gettiung random video suggestions on the right, and my subscriptions in the middle. I also don't need to know why a video is recommended. Now I have to scroll down to watch a video i may like, and they often don't offer new random videos.

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Has anyone had problems with the actual videos?

I see the gray progress bar suddenly jump from, say, 25% to 100% and invariably, the video freezes at that point.

Changing resolutions gets it going again, but then it usually freezes again after a minute or two.

Also, I liked the old way, with the recommended stuff on the right. I've found several great new bands that way that I may never have found otherwise.

Stupid websites always changing shit.

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, not liking the new changes as well. Everything's smaller and harder to navigate to find what you want.