Braga: Crossover That Never Happened

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by ChristopherPike, Sep 13, 2012.

1. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

http://www.trektoday.com/content/2012/09/braga-crossover-that-never-happened/

Let's see if we can't refresh his memory...
    [​IMG]

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

How utterly retarded that would have been. WAY too much of the NX-01 just happening to be a part of pivotal history points. Now if you just had the story where Tiberius hijacks the ship and gets back to the MU, that would have been very cool. I like the twist on the Tantalus Field and this very neatly allows Shatner to be plenty old.

I wonder what sort of chemistry Archer and Shatner would have had.

3. REDrake

REDrake Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Klingon vs Tribble?

4. teacake

I predict Shatner would spend the whole episode calling Archer "boy".

:guffaw:

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Memory Alpha has had a detailed synopsis up for these episodes for years...

6. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember reading on this forum about a Mirror Universe show with William Shatnera and was less than thrilled when I read about the storyline for a season 4 episode was :cardie: what are you kidding me?I Like William shatner but I'm glad this show didn't happen in season4.I like in amirror darkly .

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The fanbois would have lapped up the Tiberius two-parter like it was manna from heaven. It would have been the best fucking thing evah.

8. ChristopherPike

While I'm not especially a huge fan of the Temporal Cold War, I can see a lot of potential in the unseen Chef being trained up for a mission to stand-in for Kirk.

A lot like the TCW itself really. Promising start, a couple of interesting episodes connected to it but disappointing and hasty conclusion. Too many questions left unresolved, like Future Guy - despite comments since that they planned to make him a Romulan. It frustrates on that level, on rewatch, things that feel important but we'll never see resolved.

But clearly having watched the Captains documentary, and Bill & Scott alongside the others touring conventions around the globe, they do get on and it's a dynamic I'd like to have seen happen in Enterprise. Particularly if he'd have played Chef with the same tragic/comic angle he did with Denny Crane. Another part like Quantum Leap's Scott/Dean double act.

Probably would've been played for laughs to start with, senior/junior actor role reversal and then something goes horribly wrong, leaving Chef to actually be James T. Kirk. Maybe even remain in the future, with absolutely nobody twigging a switch has happened. Possibly a way to fix Shatner's dissatisfaction with Kirk getting killed off in Generations... without undoing what had happened.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  9. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Fuck that. They should have done an ENT/Red Dwarf crossover, now that would have been worth watching.

10. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm more intrigued by the story about John Logan's crossover proposal that Stewart liked, involved all the Captains and would have shattered the format.

11. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Doesn't sound silly at all... :lol:

12. LtChange

LtChange Captain Captain

It might be an unpopular idea, but I would love to see Enterprise Direct to Home Video/Netflix movies, maybe twice a year, and give Mr Coto the helm. Would love stories like: Movie 1: Stratos based adventure, 2: The Romulans are coming, 3-4: Romulan War, 5: Birth of the Federation, 6: Some post NX-01 adventure but set in the same timeline, like Federation Early Years

13. grabthars hammer

grabthars hammer Captain Captain

That would be great, though I'm afraid Braga would worm his way into it and make it crap.

14. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i remember reading these rumors back when Ent was still on the air. i never liked the Kirk/Chef idea. i'm glad the crossover/team-up thing never worked. much happier with Mirror episodes we got.

15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I always thought the most interesting story that could feature Shatner as Kirk, would've been to place Storm Front forty years later and in that reality Kirk, Spock and McCoy never escaped the 1930's from City.... Archer would've teamed up with an elder Kirk who was now running the mission in Nazi occupied New York.

Before the timeline gets set right, an elderly Kirk gets a chance to step foot onto the NX-01 bridge and sit in the captains chair one last time. :techman:

16. ChristopherPike

That sounds fucking amazing. The more you think about it, the better it works. A faction in the TCW having taken advantage of McCoy altering history. He's pushed Edith out of the way, and been hit by a truck instead. She's nationally famous as a peace campaigner. The Nazis invade the US, and we're told Spock had been taken away for dissection... so Nimoy not required, leaving Shatner to play a broken 60-something Kirk discovered by Archer. Shift it forward in time to an alternate 1966 with a facist America versus Soviet Russia. Probably a Black Civil Rights underground and other ongoing resistance movements, instead of just Italian American Gangsters in NY.

No need to involve the Guardian of Forever. Obviously have Kirk hint at it just enough to piss Harlan Ellison off, with not enough grounds for him to file a lawsuit.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Thanks. :techman:

One of many ideas I've got floating through my brain that I've never had the guts to put to paper. :lol:

18. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

It worked for The Avengers.

That is actually, without a doubt, the best idea ever.

19. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

They should have thrown in some dinosaurs too, it worked for Jurassic Park...

20. teacake

We had dinosaurs in Who.

ENOUGH with the dinosaurs.