Fitness Checkin

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by kimc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Plateaus will happen, but there are ways to overcome them.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

All right, my new goal is to never skip a leg workout. I hate legs. It's my absolute least favorite workout, and I have a really bad habit of saying, "I don't feel like it today; I'll do legs tomorrow." And then it just never gets done.

I am also going to make myself do at least 20 minutes of cardio every single day.

3. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Awesome! I didn't have quite that much to lose, but I did have a fair amount (100 or so pounds). I wish you the very best!!

If I have any advice, it is don't worry to much about the visible difference! My experience with that was that because I was around my body so much, and the fact that it was changing slowly meant that my mind was adapting to it as I was losing the weight. It sometimes felt like I wasn't losing weight, but I looked at the scale and my weight was dropping. Even though you might not see it initially, as I didn't, the visible signs are going to be there! Don't get discouraged. :)

4. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

5. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I quit my gym membership at 24HF two years ago and decided to get an elliptical mchine, which I use most days of the week. Besides, when I had gym membership, I did mostly cardio stuff anyway. I got tired of other people monopolizing the weight equipment and the dingy locker room and showers. Ialso have dumbells and a fitness "ball"at home, but I would definitely like to try a variety of exercises; that's the only thing I'm missing from my gym days.

I've also been eating more veggies lately (salad for lunch).

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I can barely walk today...gotta do those legs though~~

RAMA

7. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Cardio is great for fat burning, but don't forget that its the lean body mass gained from weight bearing exercises that'll be the most beneficial long term. Every pound of lean muscle will increase your metabolism. The calories you burn of with cardio can be quickly re-added, but the lean mass will keep burning long after you get off the elliptical.

RAMA

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

*sigh*

I know, I know. It's been easier lately since I've been "training" a friend of mine. I can't in good conscience make him do legs if I don't do them, too.

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Always a good incentive. My training partner damns me every time we do them.

RAMA

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Absolutely. He's never worked out a day in his life, so I'm trying to teach him good habits.

He could not wrap his head around how much pain he was in the 2-3 days after his first Leg Day. :lol:

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I trained an unofficial poster boy...he was going to be my project, all 377 pounds of him. After 3 weeks and a weight loss of 15 pounds, his personal probs got in the way. A day later he was eating at Wendy's. Damn shame.

RAMA

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Ugh going to a gym that is open till 11pm has its perks but tonight I ran out of energy at 10:30. I'm not going that late again.

RAMA

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Aw, I love my 24-hour gym because I usually don't even get the energy to work out until about midnight. I was at a gym that closed at 10pm for a while, and it was awful because I had to force myself to workout a lot earlier than my body was ready for.

14. Gryffindorian

I'll try to add more resistance training to my daily workout.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I haven't had a decent workout in about a week due to lack of sleep and food. Tonight I worked out 3 times. The first time was awful, so I quit. Then I tried again, and it also sucked. Then, for some reason, I got huge burst of energy around 3am, so I decided to try again. Third time was the charm. My workout was awesome!

Now it's 5:30am, and I'm pumped...I will never get to bed.

16. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Just thinking about lifting that late make me want to yawn and take a nap.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I've done it the last 2 days as well. Didn't actually make it to bed until about 7am.

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

wtf are you on a shift schedule or something?? That doesn't sound too healthy if you're not sleeping.

RAMA

19. Gryffindorian

I think he is. But I'd be too buzzed to go to sleep if I worked out like that.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I work 4pm-midnight, and I usually workout after I've gotten off work. I usually don't wake up until 2 in the afternoon. I am pretty much a nocturnal being.