Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

But Wolverine would never admit that he was wrong. And besides, AFAIC, everything that Cyke (and the rest of the P5) did while under the influence of the Phoenix was done in a state of diminished capacity and not entirely their own fault.

Cap can forgive Bucky for the things he did as Winter Soldier without even blinking. Wanda gets a hug and a "welcome back". And for the longest time, Cap turned a blind eye to Wolverine's bloodshed before his sudden realization in UA 9. And face it, Kid Apocalypse was far, far, far from the only blood on Wolverine's hands between the time he joined the Avengers and now.

Given that Cyke never sought the Phoenix for himself, and only received it due to the interference of the Avengers, the Avengers REALLY need to accept their own fair share of the blame for anything the P5 did before expecting it from anyone else.

And given that the Avengers only "saved" the day by using what was Cyclops' plan in the first place (i.e. let Hope take on the Phoenix and restore mutantkind), lets face it...

[​IMG]

And I call total, total, total bullshit on the whole K'un L'un angle. If there was such a profound connection between K'un L'un and the Phoenix, why weren't any alarms going off there when Jean Grey was living with Danny Rand's girlfriend? Bullshit.

Not to mention that the whole thing was kicked off by the US Government, in the form of the Avengers, knocking on Cyclops' door looking for a fight and demanding that Cyke turn over a member of his own family into custody despite the fact that she had done nothing to warrant it. And they do it on the word of a man who holds a very public grudge against him and an equal blind spot where the Phoenix is concerned. YOU would be pissed as well.

Anyway, end rant. The truth is that the entirety of AvX was a clusterfuck of bad characterization and the story moving the characters, rather than the other way around. Moving on...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i've only read a handful of Ultimate comics, so Galactus can eat that entire universe for all i care.

4. Admiral_Young

Yeah I think that is what Marvel was counting on when they were hyping the end of "Age of Ultron" that people actually were reading the Ultimate Universe at all in the first place!

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I stopped caring about the Ultiverse once Peter Parker and Mark Millar left it :p Even before that it was just a cute little side show and didn't "count" the way 616 does. Emotionally. :p

6. Turtletrekker

At one point, I was actually looking into picking up a few Ultimate titles. Then "Ultimatum" happened...

7. Admiral_Young

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man is brilliant. Miles Morales is one of the best characters in comics right now, and this continues to be Brian Michael Bendis' best Marvel work IMO. If you're at all pissed off with Superior Spider-Man, I would highly recommend reading this :)

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm really enjoying Superior Spider-Man. Obviously this is only going to last 1-2 years and Peter Parker will be back to normal by then, probably right when the next movie comes out. In the meantime, it's a great story that upsets the status quo.

I think I read the first 12 issues of Miles Morales but I just didn't care, and it was a particularly bad example of Bendis Decompression.

9. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Oh the real Peter Parker will return, but which muliversal Earth will he be from????

10. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

The pre crisis one. :)

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

And how does Old Cyclops follow this event you may ask.

Why by after taking a dump on Xavier's grave trying to bring about the Days of Future Past where mutants are systematically slaughtered and the country is ruled by the Sentinels the US government will probably turn lose to put down his little mutant revolution thing seeing as they tend to not like people trying to pull a Magneto.

12. Turtletrekker

^You sound like Beast with his "WTF?" rationalization that he gave to the O5 when bring them to the present. As for Cyke "pulling a Magneto", people keep saying this, but there is little substance to it. Magneto was attacking military bases and taking over countries and sinking nuclear subs with no concern for loss of human life in an attempt to rule the world himself in the name of mutantkind. Cyke hasn't come close to that level of crazy post AvX. And as O5 Angel observed, even Magneto himself is a lot less crazy now than he was in the old days.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Days of Future Past? Had Mastermold replaced the US Government?

14. Turtletrekker

Next week's previews...

Big week for me-- Age of Ultron 10AU (I'm a fan of both Pym and Waid), All-New X-Men 13, Daredevil 27, FF 8, Guardians of the Galaxy 4, Hawkeye 11, Uncanny X-Men 7 and Young Avengers 6.

15. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

JiM w/Sif #653, two issues to go till cancellation
    GotG #4

I'll be in San Antonio till Thursday though. Hope to track down the Drafthouse while I'm there if I can pull away from the work con for a bit.

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm glad AoU is done. Its the first big event I haven't read since Civil War. I read the first issue of Age of Ultron, and it was exactly what I expected. A big event that will just pull out a reset button, and not effect anything since it didn't actually happen. Well, ok, I suppose somethung did happen. I mean, I bet it was better than age of X (which I only read all of because after reading the first part I needed to see how it ended, and it was probably more pointless than AoU). Aou atleast introduced some random character that I guess used to be in Spawn and put Galactus on a multiverse roadtrip to the Ultimate U. Thats less than even what Chaos War did (and it did very little) but much more than Age of X, so I guess they didn't completely fail.

17. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Honestly I'm waiting for it to go to trade with the tie ins or just hit the Marvel Unlimited service - like AvsX did. I don't think I'll be too upset if I have to wait maybe until Christmas ;)

But I'm still trying to figure out why in the hell would they bring in ANGELA of all the MacFarlane characters... why her? She's not THAT interesting really. And she's totally stuck in the 90s with her outfit too. Like totally man. Bodacious bod, skimpy bikini outfit and mega hair. She looks so 'Extreeeeeeeeeme!!' Oh i'm sorry X-Treme!

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Because that was the one that Neil Gaiman won ownership of in court? ;)

19. Admiral_Young

^ Yep and now Marvel owns her 100 percent. Apparently Gaiman has sold her to them.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Obviously for no less than a hundred million dollars.