WATCHTOWER!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Apr 3, 2010.

?

Would You Watch "Watchtower"?

Poll closed May 3, 2010.
  1. Hell Yes! I need my Chloe/Allison.

44.4%
  2. Nope. Doesn't Interest Me.

33.3%
  3. Chloe is a goner, whats the point?

5.6%
  4. I hate Smallville, Why The Hell Would I Watch This S#*@!.

16.7%
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am guessing Chloe is a goner at seasons end of Smallville...but wouldn't a "Watchtower" series be a good spin-off?

By day Chloe gets back to a normal life or so it seems...but by night she is coordinating superheroes and helping them save the world...these could include a few DC characters we haven't got to see much of in live action.

Would you watch "Watchtower"?

It of course would Star Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan.

:)

[edit] I voted Yes...though I don't need my Chloe/Allison...would be fun to watch.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010
  2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nah, kill Chloe off for good and get Alison Mack on a decent series for a change.

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm torn here, I'd love to see such a series but since it seems evident that our beloved blond's days are very much numbered, I also lean towards what Temis said: Ally deserves to move on to bigger and better roles.

Still, I'm gonna miss the hell out of her come next year.

:(

Oh yeah, I voted Hell Yes! anyway.

:devil:

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am not sure what AM would do right away unless it is to join another est. series...which doesn't make much sense after being on one for 9 seasons. I see her doing movies...but minor roles.

5. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I was hoping this thread was about Bear McCreary's amazing cover of All Along the Watchtower. :(

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Maybe she could join Rosenbaum's new series...

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I voted nope doesn't interest me. The only two Smallville spin off series that would interest me would be a "Supergirl" spin off starring Laura Vandervoort which was rumored a couple years ago or a "Legion of Super-Heroes" series which unfortunately would probably be too expensive to produce. As much as I love Allison and Chloe (after all not many people know this but Chloe is the reason I first started watching Smallville) I think it would be better to just write her out of the series/kill her if that is what they're planning on doing. What would they do with a "Watchtower" series in the first place?

8. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

;)nope no need for it! after 9 year of tv! i think she like to do movies!

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm still holding out for The Greysons...

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Well if V goes under...Supergirl series with Laura Vandervoort would be pretty good. I wish there was a L* series.

I wonder if a Green Arrow series is still feasible after season 10?

11. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

You're probably right about her going into minor movie roles, but by the same token, I'd love to see her join the cast of Fringe next season as a slightly 'bad' person either from this universe or the alternate one.

Won't happen, but it's nice to wish.

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

She could join the cast of The Vampire Diaries...the way they keep killing off regulars...spots open quickly.

13. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Smallville does NOT need a spin off, no way, kill it now.

Allison Mack however, definitely deserves a better gig.

It's too late now, but I would have liked to have seen her on LOST.

14. Admiral_Young

I still maintain my own personal belief that Allison wants to continue exploring directing rather than continue her acting career. I have nothing to base this on except my own gut and the fact that she seemed really excited about her episodes that she has directed. I'm not saying that she will forgo her acting career by any means. I just wouldn't be shocked if she chose to go in this direction (no pun intended).

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Maybe she will direct some Smallville episodes for season 10. :)

16. Admiral_Young

^ Hey if that is what it takes to get her to resign I'm all for that! :)

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

A show about a Chloe like character juggling real life and looking after/coordinating superheroes I think is an interesting idea...even if it isn't WATCHTOWER...it could be called whatever...but the concept is pretty original given the current TV landscape.

18. Admiral_Young

I'm still of proponent of the show I came up with in one of the Smallville summer hiatus threads of a buddy detective series starring Allison Mack and Kristen Bell on HBO. They'd take on bizarre crime cases while we get glimpses into their dysfunctional personal lives...or maybe only one of them has a dysfunctional personal life and the other doesn't I dunno.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Would perhaps the show be called Blonde and Blonder?

The madcap misadventures of James and Jane Blonde two sisters with enough pluck to stuff the entire world into a handbasket?

Right now I want to see Allison in some Phillip K. Dick.

Hells, if Blade Runner made it see that Darryl Hannah had a personality, imagine what living in that man's mind could do for Ally?