The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Spider-Man Infinite Series has had so far praised reviews on Youtube. They are indeed gorgeous looking figures. Rare to get figures pretty much as they were revealed from their promo pics. I will be definitely getting Otto-Peter and Amazing 2 Spider-Man. Black Cat if I can find her (and yeah she does have balance problems due to her heels) and I want Spider-Girl as well. My LCS isn't getting them in until the end of the month, but the owner is will put them aside for me.

That Black Series Han Solo is so tempting to get. He does look great. I just have other priorities right now though :)

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i've never cared for Carnage at all...but that is a really nice looking figure. and though i give the comic a hard time i will buy the Superior Spidey figure.

3. Admiral_Young

That's frankly the best looking Carnage I've ever seen, and I've never been much of a fan either, but I'm probably going to wind up getting him. This is just been an impressive looking wave so far. I can't wait to see what they do in the future.

4. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The grand unveiling of the picture Hawkeye would rather forget. The Avengers are amused, Steve is horrified. "MY EYES!"

[​IMG]

Tasha consoles Clint. "It's not that bad!"

[​IMG]

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    :lol:

And Nick....Nick is just at a loss for words. His one good eye has seen too much.

6. Admiral_Young

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Hahahahaha!:lol: I laughed way harder at this than was probably necessary.

Hawkeye #3 was one hell of a comic, wasn't it?

8. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

^lol!

[​IMG]
    Recent acquisitions: Londo Mollari and Evil Spock.

9. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

It sure was. "Hold on a sex- sec."

10. OdoWanKenobi

The Superior Spider-Man approves of his new action figure:
    [​IMG]

11. Admiral_Young

Actually Otto-Peter would probably find some kind of flaw in it ;) So awesome looking though.

12. cooleddie74

Wave 3 has officially been spotted at retail.

Naturally, your mileage will vary depending upon your own local stores, but it's nice to know that the third wave assortment has surfaced in a few scattered places. Vizam and Darth Plagueis are my main targets in this one.

13. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i will get Darth Plagueis...if i can find him.

14. cooleddie74

Yeah, finding him will be the trick. Expanded Universe Sith Lords are always quick and popular sellers, and like most of the past ones he's packed just one per case assortment I believe.

15. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I have been a busy collector over the last couple of months. First off, I bought this little beauty for myself as a birthday present. She was an absolute bitch to track down for a reasonable price. I have been looking for two years and it popped up online about two weeks ago for under $100 so a nabbed her. Love this figure though and she was worth every exorbitant penny I paid. It is made by Revoltech and the sculpt is astonishing. She measures about nine inches high with thirty-five articulation joints. Almost all of the parts are transparent with just the right amount of iridescent blue to set off the details. Happy Birthday to me!

[​IMG]

I also managed to either grab or was gifted the remaining Doctor Who figures I was looking for. All I need now is a 5-inch Clara (if they ever bother to make one) and I have preordered the War Doctor, which comes out in March. And I am just thrilled I was able to score K-9! I have been trying to get him for several years.

[​IMG]

And last but not least... the 6-inch Star Wars Wave 1 & 2. I know you have seen them already but I thought I would post pictures of my set. Since I live in the middle of nowhere and finding anything in a store here in Podunk is impossible, I cheated and ordered both waves from Entertainment Earth. (The third wave has been preordered from them as well.) Doing it that way has killed the thrill of the hunt but I still absolutely love them. My favorites are Boba and the Sandtrooper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. cooleddie74

You've scored all eight 6" figures? Even Greedo? That's awesome. I have yet to see Greedo anywhere and he's the only figure in the first two wave assortments that I haven't spotted on shelves. Congrats! the photos look great. I also like the Sarah Jane and K-9. :cool:

17. AstroSmurf

Entertainment Earth has been selling the waves either with the four figures separate or together in case. I just bought the cases. Basically all I did was point and click to get them. Like I said, the thrill of the hunt was just not there... which I find very disappointing. The 6-inch series hasn't made to any of the local stores, not even the local comic book store has them. I had no choice really unless I wanted to drive two hours and chance it in the city. :(

And if I get a minute I will take some close-ups of Greedo. He is rather nice. His head sculpt is very detailed.

18. OdoWanKenobi

The fact that you have Fett makes me hate you. I will find him some day. I will!

19. cooleddie74

They nailed Carrie Fisher's height and proportions compared to Harrison and Mark. Her 6" figure is actually a smidge over 5" in height which more or less matches how she measured on the original film sets compared to her senior co-stars. I have to give Hasbro some serious credit for this line even if some of the figures are incredibly hard to spot at retail. It by itself almost makes up for the train wreck that was the 2012-13 mass retail situation.

Okay, that's an exaggeration, but the 6" line rocks.

20. AstroSmurf

I only collect figures that are 5-inches and above so I have a lot that size sitting around. I have to say, just looking around the room at my collection, the 6-inch Black Series just blows a lot of what I have completely away in terms of look, sculpt, and paint. I tend to get buyer's remorse easily when I blow a lot of cash on a set but I have been practically throwing money at this line without so much as a second thought. LOVE IT. I am even excited about getting that second Han. :rommie:

And I really need to take a picture of the Jabba's thrown room collection I have going right now. I think you would get a kick out of what I have cobbled together so far... even though you might have a stroke when you see what I have opened. Right now I am on the lookout for Sy Snoodles and the band at a decent price. And I intend, come hell or high-water, to have a reasonably priced Target-exclusive Imperial Shuttle added by summer if it kills me.