The Final Official Countdown to Season Seven

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by admiralelectron, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That episode is probably my favorite Vic and Nog episode. Very well acted, and just a great ep all around.

2. Raxor

Raxor Commander Red Shirt

i might as well tell everyone where i am

i have only just finished take me out to the holosuite, and im going to watch chralysis tonight :)

i loved the first 4 episodes fo this season, i never rembered these being this good :)

3. kevsthaman

kevsthaman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Makes sense to me. That's just like DS9; keep on piling on the casualties. But I'm very glad they brought back another Defiant-class vessel if only to finish off the series. It not only gave the crew hope, but us viewers too that the Niners are still rolling on :cool: Y'kno, that cool smiley looks a lot like Ira Steven Behr :lol:

I'm WAAAY past that :p Cool ep tho. I didn't remember how much Vic was impacted by the experience with Nog. Very cool. And I love "Badda Bing Badda Bang"!! 'Specially Vic & Ben singing at the end :cool: :cool:

Oh yeah, I'm up to "Till Death Do Us Part", and I'm about to watch a couple of eps just cause I have tomorrow off and I refuse to go to bed early :D

4. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Showoff. :p :lol:

But seriously, kev...hope you had a nice evening staying up late and watching DS9! :)

5. Well, it's all over for me again since I watched WYLB a few nights ago. :( But, at least I'll have all the eps to go back to and watch over and over. :cool:

6. kevsthaman

I believe I did. Now I just have one ep to watch, "What You Leave Behind". Instead of watching that one yet, I watched all the special features. Pretty good this time around, except I would've loved to see new interviews from Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko Dossier) & Nicole deBoer (Ezri Dax Dossier). I really loved the after party portion of the final goodbye featurette. Avery Brooks is too cool for his shirt :cool: :lol:

Guess I'm starting to feel a bit of sadness with the set coming to an end :( Oh well, I haven't finished reading the Relaunch yet, so back to that.

On a different yet similar note, I've finished watching Firefly, watched the featurettes (nice to see how attached the cast & crew came to the series so soon) & restarted. Just can't get enough ;)

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finished with the Relaunch a couple of days ago (I read all the MG books and Unity in about a week, lol). How much of it have you read so far?

8. kevsthaman

All except for Unity actually. And I haven't read Prophecy & Change either. I have both of them sitting on my bookshelf, just hadn't gotten around to em yet. I just finished the series ("What You Leave Behind" just about brought a tear to my eye :(), so I'll probably pick up the books again.

Tore through em kinda fast, didn't ya?? :lol: I know the feeling. I wanted to reread the entire set myself before cracking Unity, but I'm TOO eager to see what happens. After reading it, I'll probably start again ;)

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Quite, hehe. :) I also have P&C and I haven't read it yet either. I started reading The Art of Impossible the other day. :) It's great so far.

10. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

This thread is still around?! :eek: :p

Anyways, P&C is an okay book. There's some stories that I like better then others. TAOTI though is excellent. I've read it twice in the last couple of months.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yep, hehe. :) Anyway...I got back to Canada on saturday. Yesterday me and my g/f finally went to see ROTK. Man that was fun. :D

12. kevsthaman

I need to pick up TAOTI. I've been meaning to get that one and the IKS Gorkon books. The stuff KRAD does with Klingons... WOW! :cool:

Yeah, this thread does seem to keep going... and going... and going... ;) I think a few of us faithful don't want to see the last of the DVD craze go. But since we're talking less about S7 anymore, maybe we should....

NAH! :p :lol:

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got the two IKS Gorkon books together with TAOTI from my g/f for x-mas, so like I said in a topic in Trek Lit a while ago, I had a KRAD x-mas. :) LOL, I had a KRADmas. :D

I'm losing my mind, I know. :D And honestly, I'm glad this thread is still going. We will not let it go down quiet in the night! We will not let it vanish without a fight! :D

Anyway... I am definately losing my mind, lol. :D

14. Xerafin

Xerafin Commodore Commodore

I'm almost done with Season 5! [​IMG]

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Nifty. :)

Anyway...in case anyone cares, Underworld is gonna be out on DVD tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it and I'll be picking up right away. :)

EDIT: I just noticed that I only need another 500 posts to reach Admiral. :D

16. admiralelectron

admiralelectron Vice Admiral Admiral

Beat you. :p I've just completed my second run of the box sets. I'll be ready for the third round shortly/ :D

17. kevsthaman

Was it any good? I heard mixed reviews. Course, most of the negative ones I heard didn't have much worthwhile to say about my favorite movies anyway, like Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. So screw em!! :p :lol:

Slow down man! I've got 850 left myself. I figure I'll be a Commodore for quite a while! Oh well, at least the Commies lounge is cool :cool:

Think I'll read P&C, then Unity, and probably skip around the discs a bit before watching them all the way through from the beginning again. Go figure, I feel like I can actually do that even as arc'd as DS9 is. It's just that cool :cool:

18. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Well hey, would I be getting it if I didn't like it? :) IMO it's a very fun flick. :D I actually picked it up earlier today. I drove downtown despite all the snow just to get it. :D Though true, 10cm of snow doesn't really phase me cos I'm used to a lot more, lol. :)

Hehe, I'm probably gonna get the next 500 (actually it's probably more like 490 already) in a couple of months. But yeah, you're right, the commies lounge is cool. :)

Well...if it was up to me, I'd read Unity first. But hey, that's just me. :)
    Here's the thing...you're right, DS9 is very arc'd, but once you watch the whole show a couple of times, it's not hard to watch any of the eps. I do it all the time. :D

19. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

As long as you don't leave the Commie lounge in the next 3.82 weeks, I'll be happy. ;)

I'd read Unity first, especially if you just finished reading the relaunch up to that point. But that's just me (and BigFoot too apparently :p). P&C is a good collection of stories, but it really doesn't have much to do with the main relaunch storyline. :)

20. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

You know...all you guys need to move your butts into gear and get to the Admiral's Lounge. Then, we can set in motion our dastardly plan for DS9 World Domination! :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.