Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Top41, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

I definitely feel like they need to give it some time. I still think Danny and Rachel getting back together will be the endgame for his character romance-wise, but I think they certainly need to have her trying to win him back when that happens or else, yeah, it will make him look pathetic. Though I think for all of his flirtations, the only thing Danny really wants is his family back together.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

^ See, I think that was part of his arc from last year, where everything from his point of view was temporary. This season, we have seen Danny more-or-less accept and embrace his life in Hawaii (somewhat reflected with his complete lack of tie). I kind of hope that part of the acceptance is that he realizes that his marriage is over, and that he needs to move on from that and/or start anew.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Another Hawaii 5-0/NCIS: LA crossover (this time a two parter)

TV Guide

4. Top41

Interesting... usually crossovers are eh, but two days in a row of Steve and Danno doesn't sound like such a bad thing. :D I wonder how the NCIS LA writers will do with their voices--one of my biggest complaints with crossovers is that the guest characters from the other show always feel a little off. But the tones of the two shows are similar, so maybe it will be good. I guess we'll see.

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They better have a Danno and Steve bickering in the car scene!!!!!:p

6. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I really haven't been able to get into NCIS: LA, but I'll give it another shot in advance of the crossover. Not a big fan of L.L. Cool J, and I haven't been able to take Chris O'Donnell seriously since, like, ever.

7. Top41

Agreed!!!! :D Those really are my favorite scenes, period.

The military procedurals have never really interested me--I think I've seen one ep of NCIS LA. I'll watch it for the H5-0 crossover, though!

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ NCIS: LA is more of a cop show than a military procedural.

9. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Like all cop shows they have more firefights then your average Marine infantryman in Afghanistan. But then LA makes even less of a hand wave at "Navy" involvement in their cases then their parent show.

10. Enterprise is Great

11. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Oh, he has to. That would be an obvious, but awesome bit of casting. :D

12. Top41

That's so great! I remember reading in an interview somewhere that Scott was skeptical about his dad ever appearing on H5-0, so it's sweet to see that his dad decided to do an episode. I hope he plays Danno's father, and not some random suspect.

Imagining the scene in which McGarrett meets Danno's dad is already cracking me up. :lol:

13. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

"Okay, in this scene, we are going to stop the episode dead, so we can discuss Subway sandwiches for three minutes."

As much as I love Subway and have no problems with product placement, even I have to say that that was a bit gratuitous.

14. Top41

The Subway convo was totally gratuitous. They split up Steve and Danno for a lot of the episode, and usually the random bantering comes between those two, and really, it works best when it does.

That being said, I loved that Sang Min came back--that guy always cracks me up! And he and Kamekona being paired up to go undercover was pretty funny. Kamekona is awesome, and the five footlongs were funny, too.

Danny is seriously pretty much the nicest guy on the planet. I felt SO bad for him during those scenes with Rachel--that must have seriously been killing him. That was supposed to be his baby... poor guy. :( I guess Rachel and Stan are still having problems. I still think Danny and Rachel are the show's endgame.

I love that Steve showed up at the hospital at the end of the episode. You could tell from the way he looked at Danny that he knew exactly what Danny was going through. I love that he showed up to take care of Danny and make sure he was okay--great way to end the episode.

So Joe is Shelburne? That seems kind of convoluted, but I guess at least we know now who Shelburne is. And now Steve does, too.

15. Enterprise is Great

I found the Subway sandwich scene to be hilarious. Didn't really bug me. I prefer product placement to using phony products.

The Danno/ex wife gives birth thing fell kind of flat to me. I wish it was either more serious or played for more comic relief. At least one of those would've been more interesting than what we got.

The Shellbourne reveal was also flat. It's just an alias for Joe and MacGarrett senior's secret investigation? I was hoping for more than that. Hopefully more on it will come later. Perhaps there's more to it. I feel that Joe is holding more back.

16. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So I guess we are to assume that Joe has some kind of unconventional career, a cop who went back to the Navy to resume a SEAL career. He is a bit to young to be a Vietnam vet with Pappy McGarrett.

17. Top41

New episode coming next week, and it's a Danno episode!! :D :D :D

It looks like from the preview that Grace gets kidnapped--total cliche--by Danny's ex-partner, who then forces Danny to go shoot someone. Not thrilled about the kidnapped kid cliche, but I'm excited for some Danny-angst. He's totally my fav!

18. Enterprise is Great

James Caan not playing Danno's father

19. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I've thought they should be a branch of Naval Intelligence, not NCIS. They seem to deal mostly with intel-type cases.

20. Top41

I wonder if James Caan is going to end up playing some sort of baddie? It would be cool to have a recurring villain not connected to Wo Fat.

I think Danny and Rachel will get back together in the end!