Bridge - USS Anhur

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Herkimer Jitty, May 16, 2010.

1. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, I was dicking around in SketchUp or whatever, and I decided to make the bridge of the Anhur (from my thread for my sketches and other crap). Without further adieu, here's some crappy pics:

A side view of the whole bridge.

As you can see, it's connected directly to the conference room. Cuts down on door costs. You know how expensive doors that go "swoosh" are.

Looking Aft Into The Conference Room

As you can see, the table is too damn high, and the interior in no way whatsoever matches the intended exterior shape.

Fuck it.

Looking Down Into The Conference Room

Gives you a pretty good look at that bizarre platform with the handrail that some ASDB engineer put in the middle of the stairs. What's it there for? Who the hell knows?

(It puts something besides empty space behind the captain, in case their adventures become a TV show)

Looking Forward

Here you can see basic console layout of much of the bridge. Note that everything faces out from the captain, so efficiency doesn't get screwed for the sake of everyone being pointed at the camera.

Note also, that there are emergency supply locker thingies next to the viewscreen.

Looking Aft

Here we are looking towards the back of the bridge. As you can see, there are erm... plenty of handrails. Yes, there is no shortage of handrails.

The door on the right leads to the crew head (its opposite leads to the ready room), whilst the little corridor to the left curves around to the turbolift.

[​IMG]

A shot from above to give an idea of the layout.

I could probably do better if I looked at some tutorials.

2. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You did that without tutorials very nice work there. :techman:
    Maybe I should download the program and spend some time with it :drool: :) keep up the grea work. :techman:

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

That conference table is too big. It looks like it could seat 40 people. Not that there would be room to maneuver in there once you add chairs.

4. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very impressive. Keep working on this. I look forward to seeing a completed version.

5. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I don't get why you don't have doors. What do you do if you want a private conference?

6. Herkimer Jitty

Activate the Cone of Silence.

7. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Sound-suppressing forcefield of course. That way people can still watch any wild gestures that may ensue. :)

8. Herkimer Jitty

9. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Table is still too big, too "Fortune 500 board room". It should be the width of two people, tops. Yours is still over three people wide.

Work it the other way - figure out how many people will typically sit at the table, add in 2 or 3 spare chairs to balance out the count and make the table just big enough for that.

If you want to look at it from a math perspective, the average human shoulder span is about 24", so from seat center to seat center you should have about 36". That gives 6" in between each person - tight but comfortable. Max you want to go is 48", which would be about 12" between each person. Anything more than that and they need communicators to talk to each other in the same room.

10. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

very nice work you just have to figure out how to put
    a starfleet uniform on the person your using and your off and running :techman:

11. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nice work, though I'd suggest something else instead of that railing to break up the shape of your corridor, if someone would fall, that railing has a very good chance of hurting someone pretty bad... The bridge is cool but I'd suggest something of a visual identification for the holographic viewscreen, like running lights above or under it, or something of a visible projector on the sides... just thinking aloud ;)

12. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like the update, definitely. The table is a bit big, I think. The bridge is really cool, and I like the side console updates also - those side consoles are really good. And all this is Google Sketchup?