The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes cartoon cancelled

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gee, internet sites DIDN'T check or try to verify the facts and posted a made up rumor as truth? Say it ain't so.

Again, just goes to show - Can't believe everything you read on the internet.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just saw the Secret Invasion episodes and that was really cool. Sure they had to severely truncate the story, but it was still incredibly neat to see a major comic storyline only a couple years old done in animated form!

3. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

TV Guide did an actual interview with Loeb and Quesada in which does seem support the cancellation, however.

Jeph Loeb: The Avengers movie has been the ambassador to the world for the Marvel Universe so we want a show that has the feel and the tone and the incredible adventures like that movie. So the next project that we're working on — and this is down in our lab, top secret, with the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents protecting us at all costs — is Marvel's Avengers Assemble, which will be a brand new and really extraordinary looking animated series dealing with the Avengers in that same world.
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Marvel-Assembles-1048788.aspx

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

As someone who has watched a lot of cartoons this thing isn't that unusual. These shows are built with an expiration date. Avengers Assemble shows there's nothing wrong with the property itself, it's just time for the next iteration (probably looking to match the movie version better ETA-see post above:)). It's a bummer though when it's a show you enjoy.

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

So basically all the supposed fan hatred of Ultimate Spider-Man really comes from one guy who is possibly the Ultimate Internet Troll :rofl:

I figured something was up with the whole everyone hates the show but Disney still okayed a second season thing.

Still a bit excessive just for a show the guy doesn't like.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, I figured that site was biased what with all the hatemongering rhetoric, but I thought it had just slanted things, not been such an elaborate, wholesale hoax.

But then, where did that Avengers Assemble poster with Falcon on it come from? Is it an existing piece of artwork that got mocked up as a promotional image?

7. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

It's possible that the new show is legitimate and that it's just the cancellation of the old show that's in question. Though, it seems odd that they would have two Avengers shows being produced at once.

It's also possible that the new show is just in the development phase and has not in fact been green-lit. There's plenty of precedent for superhero shows/movies that never got off the ground.

8. C.E. Evans

I think the odds of two Avengers shows being produced at the same time are zero, especially if they're both using the same core characters.

I believe the new show is legitimate, but Nabil's rhetoric isn't.

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well there other linked interview confirms Avengers Assemble is in the works along with the new Hulk show, so they are making it from the looks of it. We just don't know whats going to happen to Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Its still possible that they may run both shows. I mean isn't that exactly what's going on with Young Justice and New Teen Titans.

10. C.E. Evans

11. Christopher

Not exactly, since those go in very different directions; Young Justice is an older-skewing action drama, while Teen Titans Go is straight comedy for younger viewers. Also, they only have two main characters in common and so aren't really about the same team. Conceptually and demographically, they fill very different niches. If Avengers Assemble really exists, then it's almost entirely built around characters who are already part of the A:EMH core cast (Falcon being the exception), and it's the same kind of action-adventure-based show. So it would be a lot more redundant having them both on the air at the same time.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm about an hour away from watching episode 22 of season 2.

Australia has burnt off Avengers Earth's mightiest heroes, just pissed them out without any fear of there being a season 3.

Possibly giving marvel the finger for selling them something with no future, and a pathetic syndication package? It's basically a ponzy scheme since the cancellation was in the works before these episodes were sold around the world.

Historically, almost a year after its 8 episode run in the states, I saw posters appearing in bus stops down under for "the new runaway break out smash hit of this generation": The Bionic Woman... Because some idiot bought this series as a prime time show and aired it as a prime time show and there is no way that they could have recouped their advertising budget with their only being 8 episodes ever being made...

The 2nd season finale for avengers Earth's mightiest heroes, episode 26, is airing in eight days in Australia.

This is an usual stratagem I believe Pontius Pilot once employed.

But it's going to sell a shit load of toys and t-shirts.

13. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

God dammit, Along Came A Spider is UNWATCHABLE thanks to Parker's voice.

This is not due to Keaton being recast, but because Drake Bell is a horrible voice actor.

He. Can't. Emote. Through. His. Voice. At All. Every line, EVERY FUCKING LINE has the same inflection.

Tom Kenny (as Spongebob) would have suited the part much better. (Hell, Kenny's Plastic-Man would have been pretty damn awesome.)

Anything would be preferrable to a prepubescent Ben Stein-er Man.

Realistically, they'd be very wise to sneak-in or leak the original audio with Keaton in the eventual S2 DVDs.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  14. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

15. Christopher

That's not what I meant. I was saying, in the hypothetical situation that the "news" about Avengers Assemble was just one of the lies this website guy invented, then where would he have gotten the art to mock up a promo poster for a nonexistent show?

But if it really did come from a trade show, if there's independent confirmation that the poster exists, then at least we know there's something coming called Avengers Assemble and featuring those characters. But maybe not a replacement TV series. Could it be a video game tying into the movie?

16. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Ubisoft is developing a video game based on the movie (for Xbox 360's Kinect peripheral and the Wii U), but it's called The Avengers: Battle for Earth.

17. USS Mariner

"Good news, I still have armor, even though it's just the prototype. Bad news...I have no clue how it works."

According to "Powerless", Iron Man said that.

Iron Double-Fisted-Particle-Physics-Fucking-Martini Man, under a "spell" by the Enchantress, said that.

The spell is supposed to strip a person's "powers", and for Tony all it did was give him plot-convient amnesia?

Four credited writers, and not one actually gave a shit about the script.

Fucking genius.

18. Guy Gardener

It also downgraded his armour to the bulky gunmetal mark one he built in the Desert/korea/vietnam during his ever shifting origin.

Loeb cleaned house.

All momentum of classy is gone.

Got to start form a stationary point again.

19. USS Mariner

While kind of stupid, I could have put up with that, given the visual nature of Cap and Thor's downgrade...

...which itself highlights the stupidity of Tony's "amnesia", as his "powers" aren't his tech skills, it's his mix of genius and crazy passion. Any nerd in Marvel can build an Iron Man suit, but only Tony is egotistical (and quietly self-loathing) enough to wear it himself.

The Demon in a Bottle arc works because it deals with what makes Tony able to be Iron Man; his ego and self-image.

Man of Action needs psychiatric help, because I suspect part of their frontal cortex is "just...static."

20. Guy Gardener

I liked it in the Ultimates recently when some Presidential aid in the White House said that Tony Stark had a tactical WMD drinking problem.

This is a children's cartoon.

Booze might exist, but Alcoholism, like nipples and Nazis probably doesn't.

I've seen a few bare chested blokes on EMH, including the Hulk, and none of them have nipples.