Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

My favorite era of Avengers comics and for the Wasp in particular was when Roger Stern was writing the book and Wasp was team leader for an extended period. She more than proved herself as equally capable of leading the team as any of the heavy hitters.

As for Hawkeye, he's proved himself as a leader himself, during the West Coast Avenger era and now during his stint as leader of the Secret Avengers. But besides that, he's the guy you never count out, and he is often last Avenger standing. Once, when both East and West coast teams were out for the count fighting the Grandmaster, an Elder of the Universe, Hawkeye saved the day by out-bluffing him with a variation of a shell game. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think the important thing to that story is the preamble...

Every dead villain vs every Avenger (And the Silver Surfer) but when the dust settles the only two Avengers left standing are Captain American and Hawkeye, and then it's shell game time.

Oh.

Don't forget that Hawkeye also led the Thunderbolts for a time till it all got muddied by that Earth Two claptrap.

And lets not forget that Hawkeye started off his career as an Iron Man's Rogue, so he fricking specialized in extracting pompous windbag assholes from tin cans.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched "The Private War of Doctor Doom" yesterday, and I really enjoyed. I can't really think of anything else to add other than the fact that I really look forward to watching the rest of the season once it's added to Netflix.

4. Turtletrekker

Tomorrows ep--

"Alone Against A.I.M."-- Tony Stark battles technovore without his Iron Man armor.

5. Turtletrekker

...And a clip!

Very cool, as it confirms the existence of X-Men other than Wolverine in the A:EMH universe and lays down hints of "Civil War".

6. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So it looks like their free to use most everyone in the Marvel Universe.:techman:

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I found 2X2 to be very uninteresting, maybe because I've always found AIM and Hydra to be very boring villains, I had no idea who Technovore was, and it basically starred just Iron Man.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I found it interesting that the episode painted Tony as such a staunch opponent of superhero registration, the opposite of his position in Civil War. I was kind of expecting something to happen here that would change his mind, but he was still against it at the end. Maybe that's because Cap being a Skrull impostor pre-empts his role in the CW story.

I've forgotten what happened to Nick Fury in season 1 that led to Maria Hill taking over SHIELD.

9. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Funny earlier I ask whether they were going to do the Civil war storyline and bam this episode there's hints of it,of course if they do it it'll be a tamer version and will come after the Skrull invasion storyline instead of the reverse in the comicbooks.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Iron Man was initially against the Registration (he lobbied against it in Washington) but the Stamford Incident changed his mind.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Yes, I've read those Amazing Spider-Man issues. I always attributed Tony's abrupt turnaround more to lack of coordination between the different series' writers.

12. Guy Gardener

The registration act happened first, then Stamford?

What a massive coincidence.

Supercharging Nitro was just about Damage Control generating business.

Good lord, all this happened so long ago.

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I think EMH's portray's this Tony as someone that values being part of a team.

To register would mean going into the private lives of his team.

14. Turtletrekker

The last time we saw Nick Fury last season was when it was discovered that Viper was a Skrull. The next time we see SHIELD, Fury had gone underground, and Hill was running SHIELD. Presumably, Nick went underground due to the belief that he couldn't trust anyone around him not to be a Skrull.

This week' episode was OK. It seemed more like an "issue" of Iron Man rather than Avengers: EMH, but it's OK to focus on a single character and their supporting cast every now and again. It was cool to see Rhodey in his War-Machine suit and interesting to note how Tony being an Avenger is hurting his business. In the comics, Tony keeps talking about how he doesn't have the money to bankroll the Avengers anymore, yet keeps building skyscrapers and Quinjets for them.:lol:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  15. Captain Qwert Jr

Captain Qwert Jr Captain Captain

There have been other Registration-like movements in the past, and they may be going with and/or combining it with The one from Roy Thomas' kree-skrull war, which is the theme of this season after all.

16. Guy Gardener

Is anyone been else a little annoyed by "Thor Prince of Thunder"?

I'm blaming the pussies afraid of a conservative backlash from organized Christians.

Note.

I'm not blaming the christians.

I'm blaming the people afraid of the Christians.

Fear is stupid.

17. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, I am.

However, I'm very glad that they have recaps. For some reason I've forgotten most of what happened in the first season.

18. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like it got the axe courtesy of Jeph Loeb.

19. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah, i was just reading about that.

20. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

What's going on?