The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I guess we'll know soon enough. Less than 100 hours and counting. I'm sure some early pics of the floor displays will leak out before Saturday - they usually do - but by Saturday night we should all have a fairly good idea what the Trek, Star Wars and other lines have in store for at least the first half of this year.

Keep your fingers crossed.

2. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I still have mine! It's in good shape, minus the deflector being a wee bit crooked. I know it's a pipe dream but I hope they made decent figs one day... I didn't care for Art Asylum's figures, mostly because many of them weren't wearing their standard uniform but those ugly ass space suits. The faces were great, though. I do regret not scoring Shran...

3. cooleddie74

I wish I had gotten the Phlox. Even though he came only in his Starfleet EVA suit and in no other outfits (one of his regular Sickbay shirts would have made a lot more sense) he was an online exclusive where each package was personally signed by John Billingsley. It's probably the most valuable of all the Enterprise products on the secondary market.

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

The only ones that never got out in their standard uniforms were Hoshi and Phlox. Though, I agree that it's lame that they never made the full crew that way. They were some very nice figures. My Reed does have a serious QC issue, though. One of his legs is considerably shorter than the other. Not sure what happened there.

5. cooleddie74

I could be wrong, but wasn't Malcolm released exclusively with his tactical bridge station playset? Perhaps the leg was wonky because of the way his legs were designed to bend so he could sit at the station.

I don't know, I'm just guessing here based on some older Star Wars figures that came with vehicles and other environments. If they were designed at least in part to sit in a chair and man a station they sometimes had wonky looking and uneven legs.

6. OdoWanKenobi

No, I never bought any of the bridge sets. All of the ones I have were single carded.

7. cooleddie74

Ah, okay.

I guess you just got a bad copy of Malcolm, then, unless this was widespread and common on a lot of his figures. I never noticed.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll be disappointed if we don't get an Alice Eve figure. I would expect an Uhura figure as well since it would seem she has a huge role in the film. I don't see why we wouldn't get the entire cast. We don't even know who Peter Weller is playing yet or have even seen him yet. I have high expectations for the line...but we'll see. I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed :)

9. cooleddie74

I'd like to see an electronic Enterprise along the lines of a Millennium Falcon (although significantly cheaper....a $200 Enterprise toy won't sell worth a damn) with film-accurate lights and sound effects, but I don't know if Hasbro would bother with a large Trek ship when it's having issues with its far more established Star Wars ships and vehicles (the MTT Transport and Toys "R" Us-exclusive Falcon aren't exactly flying off shelves).

10. OdoWanKenobi

Toy companies are afraid of female action figures. The 6" movie Avengers line never got a Black Widow. The odds of Uhura or Carol seem slim to none no matter how large a role they have in the film.

11. cooleddie74

Kind of makes me wonder if the new 6” Black Series will bother with a Princess Leia figure or just stick to male characters, cyborgs and droids.

12. Admiral_Young

Great point about the female action figures...probably explains why we never got a Miranda Tate movie masters figure. With that explanation, I'd be less disappointed since that makes a lot of sense and something I didn't consider when I made my previous remarks.

13. cooleddie74

The most recent 3.75” SW action figure of the female persuasion (Jocasta Nu) is one that would probably be a bad pegwarmer and linger in stores for months had she not been a Brian's Toys online exclusive. Quite a few female action figures in the line have been bad sellers with the recent exceptions of Sandstorm Leia from the JEDI Deleted scenes and two EU ladies: Bastila Shan and Shae Vizla.

14. Admiral_Young

Also regarding Toy Fair news this weekend...I'm kind of hoping for "Kick-Ass 2" action figure news. We got somewhat of a line for "Kick-Ass". There are way more characters this time around and more potential for a toy line than with the first one, so I'm interested in finding out if there are any plans for one.

15. cooleddie74

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

17. cooleddie74

^
    Wow.

That's....something, alright. I'm impressed.

18. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I thought you might like it. It even has the little pod that comes out.

I've been looking for a toy of this ship, but this well beyond anything I could have hoped for!

19. OdoWanKenobi

DC Unlimited has finally hit retail in my area! Well, the Batman half of it at least. I was too late to grab Batgirl, the figure I want most from the first wave, but I did manage to snag a Golden Age Penguin:
    [​IMG]

He's mostly the same figure as the DCUC wave 1 Penguin, but in different colors and with a different head sculpt. I never got that Penguin, though, so I'm happy to have him.

20. cooleddie74

That's cool....he looks great, man. Of course I can never look at a Penguin action figure or doll the same way again after Robot Chicken's "March of the Penguin."

If you haven't seen it, YouTube it. It'll forever alter the way you look at the guy.