How I Met Your Mother: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ryan123450, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

The ending reminds me of the day I proposed to my wife. We were walking around DC. I already was set on proposing to her somewhere in Georgetown (which I did in the end). But in the meantime, we were close to downtown, when we saw the Old Post Office (the one with the tall tower off Pennsylvania Ave south of Chinatown and Metro Center for those vaguely familiar with the city).

She had never gone up there, despite growing up in the DC area, not to mention high school and college few miles away.

We went up and enjoyed the sights. That ending on the lighthouse reminded me of that day in the tower. It wouldn't have been as romantic if I had proposed to her up there.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

- Great way to integrate Ted's parents into the new format.

- Some comments and reviews are talking about Barney knowing about Robin's inability to have kids like it's a big revelation. I thought he already knew but people are saying that it wasn't clear as to whether or not he did.

- I like how they're integrating the story of Ted and the mother into the show through flash-forwards. That way we get something.

- The mother could already be pregnant when Ted proposes since there's a baby in 2015.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is it possible that the first baby is not biologically Teds?

If those kids are twins?

Maybe that's why Ted is vamping.

The final line...

"That's how I met your Mother, and I'm not your father."

4. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wasn't the return trip to Farhampton supposed to be 1 year later? Now it's two?

5. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

When did they say that trip a year later was the last time they visited Farhampton ever?

Or Ted got the date of the proposal wrong in that conversation. My father in-law almost bought the wrong number candle for my wife's birthday because he forgot her age at that moment.

6. Guy Gardener

Well he couldn't get the year straight about when that goat attacked his apartment.

7. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

They're being vague with the dates, but we know for sure the baby is born in 2015. Even assuming the baby is born in late November and they watch Star Wars in late December, that means she's pregnant by March at the latest of 2015. This wedding takes place in Spring 2013.

Also, makes no sense that Ted would go to Farhampton three times in less than two years... He should propose on the one year anniversary of meeting her... In 2014, when they go to Farhampton.

8. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    I had been wondering when the toy car on the staircase was going to come into play...

9. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay episode.

Groener was great.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I was already to say this was a time wasting episode showing the weakness of this real time format and where the hell is Mother.... and then they do a flashforward showing Ted proposing to Mother in the lighthouse. I am sated :lol:

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Possible, but they probably would have hinted at that.

My initial thought was that the mother had already had the kid when Ted proposed. I figured that they were back in Farhampton 2 years later around May 2015, shortly after Star Wars night which I figured was also in or around May 2015. But reviews suggest that Ted actually said they were back in Farhampton "not even 2 years later" and that the trees appeared to be turning red and yellow, suggesting that it was fall of 2014. And now people are putting Star Wars night at the end of 2015. Looks like we've got a year's worth of wiggle room.

12. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

We don't know when Star Wars night will be, but the original episode aired in April 2012. They've got wiggle room, but certainly not much.

13. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Ok. I know i'm an outlier here, but, I am getting really disappointed with this season. I really really really hated the flash forward. I don't know the Mother so I have no reason to really care about the mother. The mother felt like any of the other girls that Ted has met. The scene was a total dud for me. I would rather have not seen her at ALL with Ted until he finally meets her. THAT would be special. This... this is the first time we are meeting the two of them together... now when they meet... I don't know.

I think the flash forward was a mistake and weird. If they wanted the mother in this season, they should have her interacting with the other cast members first, so we can get to know her and care about her. Right now, I'm being told I should care about her. And I don't.

14. Guy Gardener

You what seems entirely unlikely... The mystery surrounding Robin's mother... What if Maple syrups is the secret to eternal youth and the mother is also Robins mother who also seems to be a mysterious character?

15. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Linus seems to be working awfully hard for that $100 tip.

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Didn't like the date part of the 2 years later flashback, should have been 1 year. Screws the timeline, and at best forces her to get knocked up immediately after the engagement, and into a maternity wedding dress to make the timeline sort out.

Just saying '1 year later' would have made it work better, and lets them get married before she has to be pregnant...

17. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If this actually happens, I will forgive the HIMYM creators for all of their missteps and dud episodes over the years.*

Robin's mother = THE mother = genius.

*Of course, my blanket absolution excludes the numerous occasions when Ted has re-kindled any romance with a female guest star (especially, Jennifer Morrison) or a series regular (Robin) after breaking up with them the first time and telling us (the audience and his "kids") that this woman is NOT the mother, in no uncertain terms.

18. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My thoughts exactly.

19. Guy Gardener

In theory... 5 or 6 drinks and she falls asleep somewhere for 20 hours.

Either the drinks there are really watered down, or Lilly's liver ain't lilly livered.

20. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

They seem to be pushing the timeline a little, but if she was pregnant or just about to get pregnant when the proposal happens in the spring of 2015, the daughter would be able to be born sometime before they watch the Star Wars films, awfully late in the year.