Electronic Music Pioneer passes away

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Marc, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I know that there are at least 3 Tangerine Dream fans on the forum.

The announcement has come from the website that Edgar Froese who founded the band passed away sudddenly from an embolism at the age of 70.

There are many who probably aren't directly aware for Tangerine Dream but they were pioneers in electronic music and have been very influential over the years with different lineups releasing dozens of albums over the years as well as sound tracks for a dozen hollywoord productions include the 1983 Tom Cruise hit Risky Business.

Chris Franke who did the music for Babylon 5 was a member of Tangerine Dream from 1973 to 1988.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, this is is a shame. I'm not familiar with Tangerine Dream's music outside of a few films, nor Chris Franke's solo work outside of Babylon 5. But the B5 music was decent, and TD's music always left a big and positive impression on me.

By the way, the wiki article on Tangerine Dream lists Christopher Franke as a member for keyboards, drums (1970–1987), while the wiki article on Franke says he was a member from 1971 to 1987.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Shit :(

Make that 4.

4. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Yeah those dates were a my bad.

The end date was my confusion. The last album he was featured on was Livemiles that came in 1988 but parts were recorded at a concert in Berlin in 1987.

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I've always preferred Instrumentals and electronic music over vocals.

Structures from Silence, Eno's Music for Airports, etc.

You might want to listen to Patrick O'Hearn's album INDIGO.
    http://patrickohearn.com/