SFJAG : Frontiers

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Kaziarl, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

Part 2 of my JAG idea thread. Thanks goes to Mirandafave for throwing around some ideas to brainstorm.
    Federation President Roshembo visits a world applying for membership. The new members, know as the Lofskians, are on the extreme edge of known space; and as such security is tight. Even the legendary USS Enterprise is part of the event. But when disaster strikes, and an explosion leave the president badly injured, it’s up the Starfleet’s Judge Advocate General Corps and Starfleet Criminal Investigative Service to find the truth, and stop a war.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll try to restrain my ire at the way the dumbass cop show genre is taking over sci fi and driving out all other concepts and reply in a reasonable fashion here, because I know you're not to blame for this overall extremely annoying trend. :rommie:

The idea of a Starfleet JAG type character is not bad, but it's too limited if that's the sole focus of the show. I could go for an Odo type "lawman" character as one among a large rotating cast of characters. That way your Odo/JAG guy doesn't become a bore and you don't run out of story ideas too quickly.

3. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

Oh, I wouldn't look at it quite like that. Star Trek has always been about exploring humanity, usually by using viking and roman style aliens as allegories of ourselves. But I think how we deal with crime among ourselves, and our neighbors is just as useful a tool for the task.