2013 Star Trek HOT WHEELS - Excelsior, Kelvin, Vengeance, BoP

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Tribble puncher, Feb 15, 2013.

1. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

It's possible that HW might still do them as an online/comic/hobby shop release, as they do sell make and sell higher-end car models that never see the inside of a big box retailer. Since the molds of all of those already exist, there isn't as much investment in repainting/re-releasing them.

But at the same time, if they don't make anything beyond the current wave of four, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

2. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's why I'm subscribing to the Eaglemoss Starship-of-the-Month Club. To feed my miniature space ship addiction.

3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

That is sad though. Stores should carry them.

4. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hmmm... I'm wondering if HWs will re-release the Kelvin, Vengeance, Excelsior and Klingon D-4 in battle-damaged painted versions.

It would make a lot of financial sense, making the most from those molds - and follow in the manner of previous HWs releases.

5. Tommunist

Tommunist Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've never cared for the "battle damaged" variations! Unless it was an accurate recreation of the Nemesis post-ramming scene ship (which would require separate tooling) those seem like cynical cash grabs!

6. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

I agree, mostly. I have the Battle Damaged Klingon BOP and the Battle Damaged Enterprise-D from generations. Both look really good for what they are. The battle Damage on the Ent-D works because the ship is such a small model of a Huge ship that the "Damage" scales down nicely. The BOP works because the Damage is mainly Scorch marks on the wings which actually ads to the detail...I have to admit though, while I've been mostly happy with this new wave, I'm kinda dissapointed in the "weathering" job they attempted on the Kelvin...it doesn't ruin the model for me overall, but it knocks it down a peg. Also, is it just me or does the secondary hull seem too "thin" on this version...again, not a big deal for a sub 20 model but still...

7. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anyone know where to get these guys in Canada, save for eBay? I have been waiting for a good-looking Exclesior since 1984, but with shipping on eBay I may as well fly to the States and buy it. :(

Mark

8. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Amazon?...be warned about the Excelsior...The Registry on the underside of the saucer is Backwards...and the Impulse Engines are not painted (solved with a red paint pen) other than those two things, it's fine...also...Diamond Select is supposed to be Releasing a Excelsior Variant of it's enterprise-b ship later this year. It's supposed to not have all the "tacked on" stuff that the ent-b had. (It's the Star Trek VI edition of the ship I believe.)

9. Jim17

Jim17 Cadet Newbie

They never were at those stores, only hobbytown usa got them.

10. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I did get the small (3.5-inch) nuEnterprise at a Target store, but that was solely by being at the right place at the right time (haven't seen any since).

But, yeah, for the bigger ships, the majority of people will have to go to an online store to get them.

11. Jim17

Jim17 Cadet Newbie

Yeah I did too, the small single card Enterprise was available everywhere, generally speaking because it's distribution was spotty at best. I got my Vengeance and Excelsior at Hobbytown, the last Vengeance and Excelsior they had. They also had the Kelvin and Klingon D4 but I didn't decide to get those until later on.

12. Killerprise

Killerprise Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I was lucky enough to get the Vengeance and Excelsior, the hobbytown i got them at, had several before I even know that they were getting them. They were readily available online for about $15 give or take, they might come back in stock soon.

13. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How big are these models, in inches/centimeters?

14. Kevman7987

The Hot Wheels models average 6.5 inches.

After measuring my entire collection like a lunatic I can say;
    BoP(TSFS) - 4.25"
    BoP(STiD) - 4.5"
    Kelvin - 5.75"
    Vengeance - 6.25"
    Enterprise(ST11) - 6.5"
    Enterprise(TOS) - 6.5"
    Enterprise(TMP) - 6.5"
    Enterprise(TNG) - 6.5"
    Excelsior - 7.5"

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  15. Killerprise

You didn't get the Narada, NX-01, Klingon D4 or the Klingon BOP?

16. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hm, a lot smaller then I thought. I saw a set onsale on a Dutch auctionsite, figured they'd be cool to have. But to small for my tastes.

17. Astraboy

Astraboy Ensign Red Shirt

Saw a set of these at one of the small hobby/toy stores here (Singapore) and just couldn't resist. I probably overpaid for them, but I think the shipping and handling from the US would have been a killer. I think my fav is the Kelvin, for sentimental reasons :lol:

[​IMG]

18. Kevman7987

Hmm. I got the earlier ships from the secondary market (In 2011) so the prices were higher than I was willing to pay so I missed out on the NX-01, Reliant, and Narada.

Though I do have both BoPs;

BoP(STiD) - 4.5"
    BoP(TSFS) - 4.25"

19. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I saw a couple of the 1/64 Hot wheels ships at SWAP & Shop, 2 weeks ago on a table, the vendor was asking $5.
    I've never seen them in stores.

20. Killerprise

Oh ok, I bought them all as they were released. I never overpaid for my ships. Back when they originally came out the MSRP was around $15 which isn't bad, the new ships could be had for that price range as well, you just had to find a retailer who wasn't overly greedy.