TOS Remastered Now on Netflix Watch Instantly

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by jezor, Nov 28, 2008.

1. jezor

jezor Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just a quick heads-up that Netflix has just added the remastered version of Season 1 of TOS to its Watch Instantly offerings. Other than some compression artifacts, it looks and sounds great. Enjoy! {ProfJonathan}

2. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for the info. When I read the title I thought/hoped it was all the seasons. They seem to refuse to get seasons two and three. I've requested them multiple times but they have yet to show any sign that they will ever make them available.

I'm sure they are more content making each season available in the old two-episode-per-disk versions. :rolleyes: Greedy, greedy folks.

3. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now that I go there and loook at it, I don't see anything about it being the remastered version. What makes you think this isn't just the originals?

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Presumably because the OP watched it via the "Instant Viewing" and the episode featured the updated effects.

5. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Thanks for the heads up, jezor. I zipped on over there and sure enough, there it was. Season One. :D I played a quick episode (Tomorrow is Yesterday) and it is definitely the remastered versions, and they look great.

Looks like someone will be having a post Thanksgiving TOS marathon!
    My hat's off to you. :D

J.