Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Salinga, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Well I got the price match at Best Buy but not the extra $10 off for buying both. However, I was able to walk to Best Buy and I would have had to take the subway to and from Target so that's $5 saved. On top of that I wouldn't have gotten the Best Buy exclusive material had I gone to Target so I'd say that extra $5 is well worth it in the end.

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Went to the San Mateo, CA Target and they had 2 copies of Season 3 and 1 copy of Best of Both Worlds. It's unreal that they have this promotion but the copies are so limited. I guess maybe that was the catch.

The thing I noticed though was good lord the Tax in California is high. 9.25%? Ended up paying $70.99 and that was cool and all, but I couldn't help but think that states like Nevada and Florida got a really really nice deal.

Looking forward to breaking into both sets sometime, but this is a heavy sports time of year. Hockey and Basketball playoffs and Baseball. Why does this time of year have to be so busy.

3. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We get hit with a flat 20% VAT across the board here. Yaaaaaay.......:scream:

4. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, it was a sad day when Amazon started collecting sales tax. Now for something like this, I drive over to the nearby Fry's or Best Buy to get a new release so I can have it that day.

5. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sales tax across most of Pennsylvania is 6%. In my county it's 7%.

My total came out to $69.53.

6. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If you look closely, you'll see that there isn't actually a typo on the BOBW separate release.

There's an asterisk before "Best of Both Worlds Part I". That's an asterisk for the blurb about it being one of the Top 100 episodes on TV Guide. The comment about the upscaled SD footage is a separate thought.

7. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I went to Target (to pick up the ad) and like most other locales, they only had one copy of each. I headed over to Best Buy and they had no issue overriding the price match + $10 off combo. They just manually entered the price. For me, the stores are directly across the street from one another, so if Best Buy hadn't matched I would have just gotten them at Target and waited for the exclusive bonus feature to be posted online, but I'm glad I was able to get the price match and (legally) get the special feature.

8. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Just finished BOBW Bluray (awesome!), now onto season 3:)

I am having trouble with the Ultraviolet download. I cannot find the link on the paramount page?

9. Vasquez Rocks

Vasquez Rocks Commodore Commodore

My local Target also only had one copy of each. I got up extra early this morning and was lucky to get it there. I had a feeling there was only going to be a few, but this was ridiculous. When I got there the worker had both in her hands and told me she was just about to put them out. She said I was the winner. :rommie:

10. tomalak301

Just curious, what does VAT stand for? Value after Tax?

11. Savage Dragon

Value Added Tax.

12. tomalak301

Hey, I was close. ;)

13. Savage Dragon

The only reason I know is because I lived in Romania for three years and they had a 19% VAT there too.

14. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

Awesome! I'm about to get hit up my local BB in a few mins, I hope they'll do a full price match like you got :)
    *fingers crossed*

15. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

My copy came in from Amazon today. When I opened the case, shards of blue plastic came raining out; I just hope none of the discs are damaged.

16. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

Well what a bummer. I went in and there were only two copies of S3 left, none with the exclusive stickers, and zero BOBW left. You can tell we're into the better seasons, there were plenty of S2 when I went in about the same time of day (~1:30ish) when it was released.

Since I had gift cards to BB I had the cashier price match the S3 set. :(

I went to the BOBW theatrical event last week, so I've seen basically what's on the Blu-ray version. So I'm not itching to get it on release day, I still had some Amazon gift money, so I ordered it from Amazon.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just watched "Yesterday's Enterprise". It's awesome! :techman:

Would have been nice if they had dubbed Michael Dorn as the voice of the Klingon captain who demands alt-Enterprise's surrender (don't care if they ever planned to do this when the ep was filmed, they should have done it now) but there we are. :klingon:

18. tomalak301

I watched two things on this set already and teared up both times. The first was the Tribute to Michael Pillar, which was just amazing and genuine. Ira Behr's comments especially were heartfelt and personal and I almost choked up. Also loved hearing from the family about Pillar's life as a family man.

I then watched the end of Sarek (The Picard overtaken by emotions scene) and the picture quality really brought out just how powerful this scene was. It's dark, atmospheric, and so clear that it almost enhanced the dialog and Stewart's performance. I'm looking forward to watching the entire episode when I get to it, but I was watching the David Rappaport stuff (So glad they changed the actor by the way) and figured watch one of my favorite scenes in the entire series. It was beautiful.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Incidentally, I noticed at Best Buy they had the 1st and 2nd seasons for around $35 or so. Super cheap, for those who don't already have them (which probably isn't anybody here, so, um... never mind).

20. dg1379

dg1379 Commander Red Shirt

Well this stinks. I received my copies in the mail today from BB but I have no exclusive content code. Only code I got was for the ultraviolet edition.