Digital comics are they worth it ? disscussion and comments:

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by timothy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

both comixology and digital dark horse you don't have to pay any kinda service fee at all. just sighn and start buying comics.

@ admiral young I was refering to pre-season 8 and before Idw got hold of angel.

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't collect comics, I read them, so I'm with Timothy.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well, I read them too. And when I'm done reading them I like to have them and keep them and collect them. Not have it "out there" somewhere in cyberspace where it's not really mine.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It does for me. All I really need to be able to appreciate something visual is to see.
    I'll admit, that is my one concern with comixology, but I don't see where it's really any worse than when I pay to go see a movie or rent something online.

5. TigerOfDarkness

TigerOfDarkness Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

DC have just released a load of graphic novels in the Amazon Kindle store (including Bat and Vertigo stuff) (I've also released my latest digital comic in the Amazon Kindle store, but I'm not as well known).

You don't get charged for having an Amazon account.

6. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    I'm not sure about other services, but Comixology does not charge any type of monthly fee and the app is free.

I do however understand the concept of wanting paper vs. a digital copy. I guess it all depends on how you define ownership. An analogy would be photos on your PC vs. having them in print in your hands. Which is "more" of an ownership? The answer largely depends on your perspective (I don't think there's a "right" way to feel about this, it's personal).

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does anyone know if they're going to be doing a digital version of Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist?

8. timothy

they just put it up it's under dynamit entertainment issue #1 is going for $.99.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Read the second issue of Batman: A Death in the Family today, and so far I'm still really enjoying the arc. My Rating: 8/10

10. timothy

well good news digital dark horse will be getting an andiod app soon and there comics wiil be coming out on same day release starting next week.

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

12. timothy

wow that kinda sucks for phyiscal readers. but they got to realize there will be two types of customers one who love physical comics and books and who have the room and those who love to read comics and don't have the room to keep them. that's why I went digital. I still pick up a few physical comics because some of my companies have yet to get to the same day release ie dynamite entertainment with there warlord of mars series and it's spin off's and vertigo with american vampire.
    other than that I went digital form.

13. Well there's no printing or shipping costs, so it should be cheaper digitally. Well done Dark Horse.

14. timothy

totally, now if we can get some book publishers to lower there digital books that would be awesome. :bolian::bolian:

15. Turtletrekker

^Actually, this whole Dark Horse pricing thing seems to be a false alarm...

16. timothy

see people started worrying over nothing. dark horse is a realiable company who I've followed for years. and will continue to do so now in digital. hell even 2.99 is better than 3.5 and extra .50 for bags and boards. so no worries. thanks for the update.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finished up the A Death in the Family story, a few minutes ago and I really enjoyed the ending. I know a couple didn't like the whole thing with the Joker becoming Iran's UN Ambassador, but I thought the whole thing with Batman wanting to rush out and avenge Jason but then not being able to because of his diplomatic immunity was a pretty good idea that was done well IMO. I do wish there was a little more to the ending though, it was kinda sudden. My Rating: 8/10

18. timothy

dynamite entertainments: dark shadows #2
    Idw's: Transformers the death of optimus prime one shot

are out this week on comixology
    and from digital dark horse:

star wars knight errant: deluge

with the death of prime and the end of the ongoing transformer series we get two new series this january.

TRANSFORMERS MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
    TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE

also finally the G.I. Joe cobra cival war is finally over.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  19. Turtletrekker

20. timothy

Dynamite entertainment flash gordon #2 is out this week from comixology.