Characters Spirit - Reboot compared to TOS (Possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cmdr.Druss, Jul 15, 2013.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Vulcans also have photographic memories, they could rewrite the whole thing from memory. And they'd be idiots to not have computer backups of the texts all over the Federation's version of the internet.

Plus, accepting the above, if one extra Vulcan child could be fitted into an escape shuttle by leaving the Kir'Shara in the dirt, I know what I'd do.

2. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Kirk I've never been a fan of, finding him to be a jerk most of the time. NuKirk is much the same, though he is definately better looking.

NuSpock is alright.

NuScotty just doesn't feel right. He seems too angry and bitter about life.

NuMcCoy I like, though given the paradigm shift in the NuTrek focus we haven't seen nearly enough of him.

NuSulu hasn't really done much so far.

NuUhura is grating, snide and unpleasant.

NuChekov again hasn't done much.

3. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Found this on tumblr. Thought it would be good for a laugh.

[​IMG]

4. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

It needs a pause button or slow-mo cause that goes by fast! Makes my eyes hurt.

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Ricardo and Benedict look more alike than I thought.

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

You can also use click-drag to pull individual frames out of the animated set, if there's one you want to spend a little more time looking at.

7. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Yeah i see it too. In the nose, chin and eyebrows. I hope Benedict reprises Khan for a later film. Maybe as a good guy for film 4.

8. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, he has ears, a nose, a mouth, and his head sits on top of a neck.

[​IMG] <-- That guy looks like a Mexican!

9. Nerys Myk

Meaning what exactly? Mexicans have a wide variety of looks. Montalban's ancestry was entirely European. Other Mexicans have Native American and African ancestry. So yeah, that guy "looks" Mexican. So does my fair skinned, blue eye wife, who's grandmother is from Mexico.

10. James

James Guest

I disagree with that assessment of Kirk, Shatner's Kirk was never that impulsive reckless/careless nor was he super egotistical like Pine's Kirk. This Kirk makes every rookie mistake in the book and he's like "whatever". For example when the Vengeance caught up to and beat the living shit out of the Enterprise Kirk's response was to order the ship to Earth "right now", that was totally reckless and unlike Kirk as we know the character. The real Kirk would have lured the Vengeance to a nebula or some other place inhospitable to electronic equipment just like in TWOK and would have probably won. Just my $.02

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Protip: If you're addressing only a small part of a more lengthy post, it's OK to edit out the parts to which you're not responding. It makes for easier reading/less clutter, and the pointer [ [​IMG] ] at the top of the quoted portion still links back to the full post.

12. Nerys Myk

Isn't that the Kirk who's ship got the living shit beat out of and got several crewman killed in the same movie, when he kept his shields down when another ship approached? The same Kirk, who's unfamiliarity with his ship's new specs in the previous film almost proved fatal? Kirk's always been somewhat egotistical and reckless. Often those are the traits that allow him to succeed. Occasionally they bite him in the ass.

13. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Plus, the Kirk in the new movies is six or seven years younger than the one we first get to know in Where No Man...

I'm sure someone can point me to the episodes of TOS that take place in 2258 that have Kirk involved?

14. WingmanMZ

WingmanMZ Cadet Newbie

I always thought that Cumberbatch was actually a good fit to Space Seed Montalban - except for the skin color. People probably always have STII's older Khan in mind which was certainly different from the TOS version

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

You've got that right - skin colour and all!
    [​IMG]