Starship Farragut Bridge - almost ready for action!

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by MarsWeeps, Oct 22, 2011.

1. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

2. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

3. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's a very cool set, as is the whole sound stage. I went down there a couple of times last year and helped out with painting, hammering and failing at taking simple instructions.

They actually shot their episode "The Price Of Anything" (written by Paul R. Sieber) on these sets last week, BTW. You can find images from their shoot on Facebook and at their website, http://www.starshipfarragut.com.

Here's some footage of their Romulan bridge set under construction:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP9Xo4Sibkw&feature=related[/yt]

4. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Wow. Really fantastic stuff.

5. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Congratulations, Starship Farragut. I always feel like I'm in a dream when I see such well-crafted recreations of TOS sets!

6. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Just out of curiosity, now that Farragut has a bridge set of it's very own, how many TOS era bridge sets are there in private hands? Anyone know?

I know only of Phase II's bridge, and Ajax's soon to be completed restoration of Exeter's bridge set, but I know there are at last a couple of others, like the partial bridge built for "Enterprise's" mirror universe episode that was sold in the big Trek auction at Christie's a couple of years back. Anyone know who owns it now, and what they're doing with it? They planning to use it to make a fan film, or giving it to a museum, or what?

7. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

8. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Not to be a pain, but neither of those look like permanent standing sets, which is what I'm actually looking for.

And rather than clutter this thread with my somewhat off-topic inquiry, I think I'll start up a new thread for it. Please look for it if interested.

9. Admiral Buzzkill

I had dinner at John "Captain Carter" Broughton's last evening and had the opportunity to watch about ten minutes of the rough cut of their new episode "The Price Of Anything."

I was blown away by it. The overall production values, lighting, photography, direction, performances, sets, costuming - it goes on and on. The show's absolutely top notch, and as much dedication and care as this group has put into all of its shows this one looks to be a great leap forward on all fronts. John himself has some really emotional material to play in this one and he nails it.

This show is the result of six years, at least, of patient work and investment in all aspects of this series by the folks involved and that really shines through.

Among other things I saw the opening scenes on the Farragut bridge, some scenes in the transporter room and the shuttlecraft...and this just looks and feels more like TOS Trek than anything else to date. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it (John could tell you how many times I made him back up and replay particular shots, though. :lol:)

10. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

I believe I read on his blog that he was stepping down as Captain after this episode. Sad to hear that but it will be interesting to see how it's addressed in the show.

I swear the Farragut's bridge is the best I've ever seen. Watching it being built from scratch and seeing how incredible the detail is, you can't tell the difference between their bridge and Kirk's. :techman:

11. JimTheBuilder

JimTheBuilder Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Farragut's done some nice work, and from my few PMs with John, he seems like a helluva nice guy.

12. Admiral Buzzkill

He's about the nicest guy on Earth, really.

13. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

Awesome!

I have enjoyed all they have done. They and Exeter were really the tops by leaps and bounds in these fan productions

14. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

I have to agree. He and Michael Bednar are very down to earth, and very friendly. Can't say enough about how much I admire them both.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

I got a chance to watch the trailer for Starship Farragut's upcoming episode, "The Price Of Anything," at the Farpoint convention today. I assume that it will be viewable online sometime in the very near future.

I have to say that it looks outstanding. This is closer to the look and feel of the original Star Trek television series than any fan film I've seen to date; the production values are all first-rate and the performances and action are strong. Really, really good work all around.

16. CDR Tacket

CDR Tacket Ensign Red Shirt

While we are on the subject of the new trailer, allow me to post the link for the first time anywhere.

http://youtu.be/xoZ8n9LLlsw

Enjoy,

Michael

17. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Looks great, Michael!

18. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Sweet!

19. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

When is the episode expected to be released?

20. CaptainSerek

CaptainSerek Commander Red Shirt

Excellent trailer, thanks!