What episode have you seen the most times?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by teacake, Mar 5, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was trying to figure this out the other day.. we used to watch VOY's Future's End every time we were having movie night at home because it was more fun then most movies. I've seen it more times than my favorite VOY ep, Timeless. So there's the approximately 4 times all the way through VOY viewings and then the movie night events for Future's End. My favorite ENT ep, E2, I've only seen 4 times, during each ENT rewatch, never chose to watch it separately. This is what happens with eps that take place in a bigger story arc, I don't get around to watching them as stand alones. None of these eps are the winner though.

When I was a young teenager I was watching TOS twice a day, five days a week because I could get it on two different channels by skilful antennae twisting. I had a little notebook with the ep descriptions cut out of TV guide and pasted in, I would put a tick next to each ep as I watched it. The eps were shown randomly yet there was definitely a person choosing them. The ones considered great were shown far more frequently whereas there were eps like The Lights of Zetar which I only saw 3 times.

City on the Edge of Forever was the clear winner in the notebook with 13 or 14 viewings and since I've seen it at least 5 times since then it is the winner.

2. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    I understand your enthusiasm. Prior to VCRs and DVDs I would write down the plots of each episodes and my favorite moments.

My winner would have to be "The Best of Both Worlds, Pts. I and II". I have used those episodes to gather strength, as I watch Riker get stronger after the death of Picard.

3. ReedEnterprise

ReedEnterprise Captain Captain

I'd have to say from TNG probably "Yesterday's Enterprise", I just love that whole story. I love time travel/alternate realities stories. But I also love "The Best of Both Worlds" 1 & 2 and always watch when they are on. I have seen them many many many times.

And for ENT, definitely "Shuttlepod One", my favorite in all of Trek. Love to see the growing friendship of Malcolm and Trip. "The Communicator" is another I have seen many times. If for no other reason because it's a Malcolm episode.

4. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

TOS - Balance of Terror

One of my favorites and one of the first episodes I bought on VHS.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  5. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Enemy Within

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I'm honestly not sure, but it would have to be a TOS ep, just by virtue of all the years those aired in reruns before any other Trek even existed. Some episodes seemed to air a little more frequently than others - possibly one like "Shore Leave" or "Amok Time" or "Tribbles"?

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I don't want to think about how many times I've watched "Space Seed."

8. Seven's Alcove

Seven's Alcove Ensign Newbie

TNG season 1 was the first Trek season I had on DVD, and it was the only one I had for a while, so whichever episode I've seen the most probably comes from that season.

If I had to guess it'd be "11001001". That's probably my favorite from that season.

9. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Over all series, including films, it's The Doomsday Machine for me.

For non-films and non-TOS, it would be The Best of Both Worlds (part 1). For films, it's The Wrath of Khan; I played my tape until it wouldn't play any more.

10. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

When I need some cheering up, I usually watch either Amok Time or Trials and Tribble-ations, so I have seen these episodes quite frequently.

But I've also watched endless reruns of TNG during college.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  11. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the episode I've seen the most times is "The Measure of a Man". It's one of those great Trek classics that I can never get enough of.

12. CAPTAINMAX

CAPTAINMAX Lieutenant Red Shirt

Star trek the next generation all good things

13. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    The Cage
    Amok Time
    Return To Tomorrow
    Cause & Effect (love a causality loop)
    BoBW
    YOH
    Living Witness
    Pale Moonlight
    In A Mirror
    Carbon Creek

14. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

"The Way of the Warrior". It was the first Star Trek VHS release I ever bought and also the first novelization.

15. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    It would have to be a TOS episode or "Trials and Tribble-ations."

16. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

TOS-"Where No Man Has Gone Before"

I never get tired of seeing it, but it has been at least a good four or five years since the last time I did.

17. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

"Tribbles". Or "The Menagerie". Or even "I, Mudd". Those are the episodes I've had on home video the longest.

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The Omega Glory. :techman:

19. The Dominion

The Dominion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

True Q comes to mind because whenever TNG is on TV, it seems 80% of the time that episode gets played. Otherwise, The Doomsday Machine is almost certainly my most watched episode.

20. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't even know, probably either City, Crossfire, The Magnificent Ferengi or What You Leave Behind.