Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. carstreet343

carstreet343 Cadet Newbie

Mass effect 3 is my one of the favourite action games. I had played this games and it is very intreating and impressive action game. I playing it in my free time.

2. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

When is the Invasion the comic coming out?

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

October 19, according to the Mass Effect Wiki.

4. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Same here.

6. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

In celebration of his 10,00th follower, Casey Hudson released this image of James Vega via Twitter.

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ There's a pretty lively discussion on Giant Bomb's ME3 forums regarding that pic compared to the first image of James Vega that was released earlier, apparently he had a slight makeover :shrug:

I don't know, I just think his name is fucking stupid. ;)

8. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

Serious uncanny valley there. :wtf:

Can I...er...not recruit him when the game comes out?

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Quote from the GB thread :lol:

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, I'm sure his brothers Vic and Vincent were always making fun of him for it...And I still say he looks like a total meat head.

Yeah, unless that character has an earth shatteringly charming personality, I think I'll be Kaidening him Virmire style at the first opportunity. "Hey James, can you arm this nuke for me while the rest of us fly off over there? Be sure to shout when it goes off, there's a good chap!"

On an unrelated note, has anyone else seen this yet? I just came across it the other day. I don't know if the cosplay crowd have rules or anything, but this rather smacks of cheating to me. ;)

Still, I'm interested to see the finished product.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Hahaha, that's kinda awesome :lol:

12. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Bioware's meatheads have a tendancy to become the most popular characters in their respective games. You can hardly blame them for doing what they've been told that they do best.

13. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

Yeah, but Wrex and Grunt didn't look like they came straight from The Jersey Shore.

Oh well, I still love you Bioware.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Well, ME2's meathead addition arguably was Jacob Taylor, and he was far from being a popular character*.

*(To be fair, I'm going by anecdotal evidence at best - AFAIR, Jacob did extremely poorly in the popularity votes I've seen on message boards.)

15. sonn

sonn Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well I'm in the minority but Jacob was my favourite character in ME2. The fact he seemed pretty much normal and didn't have a major issue/quirk is probably why he isn't too popular.

16. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

I totally forgot he existed.

17. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

I liked Jacob's personality but I couldn't get over how he looked. The body was too long and his teeth just seemed toO BIG. But the personality he had in the romance with Fem Black shep was hot...

You're right...it nice to see a normal person on board...that's when I warmed up to Jacob.

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

To be fair, being the first squadmate you acquire he sort of has to be the least useful and least interesting otherwise a player might not be as interesting in playing with some of the others.

It's sort of compounded by the fact that by the time that you've levelled up to the point where he might actually be of some use, you'll have a whole slew of much more interesting and powerful characters and will have probably forgotten he's even there.

Another factor may have been that his loyalty mission was so dull and disconnected with the rest of the plot. Plus of course the fact that Miranda, Tali, Thane, Samara and (I suppose) Legion also all had loyalty missions that involved family members didn't help much either. I mean, who cares that his father turned out to be a power mad castaway/rapist? What did that add to Jacob's character exactly?

In hindsight, perhaps something involving his time in the Alliance corsairs might have provided much more fertile basis for story telling, filling out his back story, adding depth and a perhaps a bit of a character arc.

On top of that I get the impression there was supposed to be a rivalry between Jacob and Thane similar to the Jack/Miranda & Tali/Legion confrontations that was ultimately cut out of the game (I think Grunt and Mordin were supposed to have one too.)

Add all of this up and Jacob just became a bit of a non-entity. I mean what exactly was his job on the Normandy anyway and why did it mean he had to spend all his time alone in the armoury?

As for the paramour storyline...no sorry. I tried with one of my femsheps but his dialogue just creeped me out and she purposely got him killed on the suicide mission.

19. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is coming from a newcomer to the ME universe (having bought and beaten ME2 during the Steam Summer Sale), but can someone just pinch the VA for Male Shepard so he EMOTES? Dear god, it's like listening to a toddler read Shakespeare.

As for ME3, I'd love if it they gave you even more facial and hair customization for a new Shepard, and allow you to customize the locked armor sets, at least as far as paint and patterns go.

I don't feel like giving up my typical iridescent paint scheme for a walking ad for Cerberus.

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Partly the reason why I tend to stick to femsheps. ;)
    To be fair though, I think it was a conscious choice on Meers' part to keep the tone within a limited range, so that no matter what dialogue options the player chooses it all feels consistent. But yeah, it does necessarily mean it all comes out sounding rather bland.

Hale on the other hand tends to just really go for it. Much more interesting and emotive, but if you alternate between paragon and renegade, she can sometimes sound a little bi-polar.

Though I do prefer Hale's work, both actors made a valid choice and it's really a matter of personal taste, Regardless, I think this video rather aptly highlights the dramatic difference between the two approaches. Night and day, no?

I think the word is that there will be some improvements in the hair department and IIRC I think they're talking about being able to modify the hair of an imported Shep. Not sure if that's just at the start or an option available throughout (probably the former.)

I think what bothered me most about the non-N7 armour sets was the lack of a helmet toggle. I mean what's the point of a custom made face if you can't see it half the time?