my God!! the children!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by RobertScorpio, May 6, 2009.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Do any of you have any teenaged kids? I have a 18 year old son and a 14 year old daughter.

My son can not stand star trek. How this could happen? I don't know. But he doesn't. But he does want to see this movie (and yes, Uhura is a big reason..i told you so)

My daughter wants to see it because she has always had a crush on Chris Pine...she could care-a-less about Vulcans or Starships..

Both will go with me Friday to see this movie. If it can when THEM over then...we have something going here.

My five year old son? He is starting to get into the 3 inch figures, and he will go with me on sunday for an early showing.

By the way, if you go to an early showing and there are noisy kids, and you dont like it? TOUCH SHIAT!....you have your self to blame.

Rob

2. HamTard

HamTard Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

My girlfriend bought IMAX tickets for us for my birthday, even though she had no interest in the movie. Then she saw Chris Pine on a TV interview, and is suddenly interested. I guess he's doing his job.

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

My kids are too young to care about Trek. Give it time. :)

4. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

My son has been into superheros forever.

True story..the first word he ever said? not mommy or daddy..it was SUPERMAN..though it was more like oooerraaaa...but we knew who it was since he had Superman blankets, shirts, diapers...you name it...

Rob

5. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

My daughters (6 and 9) will be going with my wife and I. The oldest has a crush on Pine from the Princess Diaries movie. Not that that's her reason for going, but it helped soften her to lobby her on that point. My youngest thinks it's silly to see her dad (a grown man -- notice I did not say mature man) going all agog over this movie. When I took them to see Monsters vs. Aliens, and the Star Trek trailer came up, she said loud enough for folks around her to hear, "Look, Daddy. It's your movie!" I think she's along for the ride just to see what it's all about.

6. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Princess Diary...thats where my daughter got her crush on Pine..we actually met him three years ago in LAKE ARROWHEAD california. This was before he was attached to Trek. Seemed like a nice kid...very humble.

Rob

7. Nimthim

Nimthim Lieutenant Red Shirt

My 16 YO daughter has never had any interest in scifi at all until she saw the ads for this movie - she decided she had to take me to see it for Mother's Day. I say take any interest you get from them while you can get it.

8. Lythia

Lythia Lieutenant Red Shirt

I have three children but no teenagers quite yet. My oldest is 11 and he's taking me to see the film on Mother's Day. He's really jazzed to see it. We've been watching ST movies all week and he's enjoying the soundtrack, too. He's definitely a scifi geek.

My daughter is 7 and has elected to go to a family picnic on Sunday instead of coming to the movie, with the caveat that if she changes her mind, I'll take her another day. She absolutely hates Star Wars, and doesn't really know anything about Star Trek, yet. Some days I'm convinced she's not related to me. Then again, her favorite non-animated tv show is SG: Atlantis (she's got a major crush on Sheppard), and she's looking forward to SG:U, so... I'll take what I can get. I'm sure she'll eventually think that Kirk or Spock is just as handsome as Col. Sheppard.

The youngest is 3, and thinks everything is a Dalek. He spends lots of time pretending to be Doctor Who, and calls his sister, "my Donna". The day his sonic screwdriver stopped working was a bad day in our house. I'm certain he got the family scifi geek gene, too.

9. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

The day his sonic screwdriver stopped working was a bad day in our house..

That's a funny story!!! My son and I were at TARGET last week and for some reason they had TOS's ARENA on all the TVs. Was pretty cool. Then all of a sudden my son, five years old, yells out..

KICK HIM IN THE BALLS!!!

Yikes...

Rob

10. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

My daughter is only 11 months old, so not quite ready. But as soon as she is I'll be brainwashing.... er.... I mean teaching her the joys of trek

11. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Shhhhh..we'll keep it our secret.

Rob

12. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just got my ticket for tomorrow at 7pm EST. After work a bunch of us are going over to see it.

I asked three of the boys at my church youth group about the movie and one said, "No!" One said, "Yes!" and the third said he wasn't sure...

I also asked a couple of girls who both want to see it but not because of Chris Pine but because they thought the trailers they had seen were cool!

My staughter told me she was going along to see it but she said this with none of the usual contempt I hear in here voice when her cluster does something she has no interest in.

It was at this point that I began to believe this movie will be the one to beat for King of the Summer Blockbusters.

Star Trek will actually be cool again.

13. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Hee. Like me, my daughters have very double-jointed fingers. I had taught both of them the Vulcan salute before either was kindergarten age.

14. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't have children, but I have an 18yo brother and a 16yo sister. Both hate Star Trek, and actually can't stand me when I really get into it. However, they seem to have had some changes of heart. My brother wants to see this one, and if it weren't for track and prom, he would be joining me this weekend to see it in Imax. My sister hasn't indicated whether or not she will see it, but she said that the trailers look pretty cool.

15. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

I think it will win them over, heck it has harold, and the guy from shaun of the dead..and sylar!

16. elektralyte

elektralyte Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

My 13 y.o. is ready to see it. I've been downloading the re-mastered eps. for him to watch (his favorites so far are "The Immunity Syndrome" and "The Doomsday Machine") and he's seen most of the clips and trailers. He's taking me on Friday and that will be my mother's day present.

(sniff) I love that kid!

17. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

That is cute....my son will only go IF we go before the afternoon. He is kind of scared of the bear-monster. So we have to see it HOURS before night time comes...or we wont.

Rob

18. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does anyone actually take this guy seriously any more?

I question his claims that he has children. His posts seem like they're written by a 12 year old.

19. Larva

Larva Ensign Newbie

Tomorrow night, 7pm, I'm taking my wife, sons (16 and 8), and daughters (14 and 11). They are all ready to explode with anticipation over seeing this film. Only the oldest has ever seen Star Trek on the big screen. Tonight has been dubbed Star Trek Eve. We joke that if we hang our tricorders on the mantle, Gene Roddenberry will come down the chimney and fill them with ST toys. Yeah, we're stoked for tomorrow night.

20. Cakes488

Cakes488 Commodore Commodore

I talked to my 19yr old neice last night about coming with me to see Trek on Friday...she actually paused for at least a minute and thought about it...ultimately she declined...but she actually thought about it....this is the girl that has enjoyed (along with her friends) making fun of me for/about Star Trek....so it's a good sign that she didn't out right laugh at me....

I tell you my brother is driving in to meet me for the 10:30 show on Friday and he lives about an hour away...but him and his wife are getting in that car and doing the drive to see this on IMAX -- He's the one who introduced me to Trek so I'm really happy we're seeing this together...it's all come full circle now. :)