Doctor Who: The Figure Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

2. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Yep, that is truly the ultimate 11th Doctor figure. That'll cost you a few quid, sure enough though...

3. dauntless

dauntless Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I only have two - Policewoman Pond and Pandorica Song. Whilst I agree the sculpture is good, they could use a stand.

4. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

5. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

WOW ... That Omega is incredible. It probably has the closest likeness they've done in the entire range. He's definitely going on my shelf.

6. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With SJA wrapping up, I really wish there were plans to do a set of the cast. Rani, Clyde, Luke, and Sky. Sarah and K9 are alredy covered.

7. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Omega, finally! And the rest of that set isn't too bad, either. Nice to finally see a Classic Auton, and while I don't personally care about them making a Drashig, it's great that they are doing some non-traditional "figures".

Speaking of non-traditional figs, there's also a three-piece "The Chase" set, which includes a Mechanoid.

You forgot Maria.

8. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Omega looks fantastic. However the other two don't appeal to me. Too bad Omega isn't a single release or in a two-pack with a Third Doctor companion.

9. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

10. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Sweet. That Peri, I would buy. I wasn't about to get the earlier version with the turd on a stand as the second figure.

I did note on that page something funny ... I hadn't realized Caves of Androzani was an "eight-part" story. My DVD only has four parts. :rofl:

11. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Took the words right out of my mouth.

And Peri doesn't so much look like a repaint as she does a new sculpt (this one has an overshirt).

12. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

Us Aussie's are lucky for once and have had all sets, Invasion of Time, City of Death and Caves of Androzani, released before the UK.

Here is a quick sample. I'll try and post some photos of the other in the packs soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Demonland

Not so old and new comparisons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Winterwind

Demonland, do you post on any other DW boards? Because I bloody swear I saw those Doctor/Companion pics on another forum.

And congrats to all of you Down Under. About time you got some figures down there without having to resort to the buddy system. :)

ETA: Yep, you are. Just looked. Like your username here better.

15. Demonland

Yes that was me. I used to have this Username there but changed it about a year ago. My username there is my nickname for my daughter.

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I know these aren't strictly speaking action figures per se but seemed better to post these pics here than create a new thread.

I caved in and bought the 11 Doctors Chracter Building set...

[​IMG]

Now I can make my very own 'Three Doctors' :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

There's a new Keeper of Traaken set coming that has the Master (The Beevers version, seems to use the same robe and body as the Pratt version but with a new head) his two TARDISES Melkur and the clock and Tom Baker with the vest as seen in season 18.

This is actually not the first Melkur toy, Dapol made one in the 80s.

18. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a bit later than that (circa 2000) but yes they made one. We're only five figures short of the whole range Dapol did - 70s Silurians, 80s Silurians, Tetrap, Ace and Mel. The last of these is the least likely to get another figure.

19. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think my DW figure-collecting phase has officially ended. It's been so long since anything caught my interest, I don't think I'll be getting any more. Maybe if Eight is released on his own someday. For now, I've put them all in a box in my closet to make room for other things on my shelf (see avatar).

20. Winterwind

^ I think my collecting days are as numbered as yours. And when the odd figure does catch my eye, it's packaged in a set with two or three other figures that I don't want.

I'm actually intending to put quite a lot up for sale. I've just never sold a thing on eBay so I guess I need to learn the ins and outs there.