Beatles label drawing interest from Sony

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dusty Ayres, May 12, 2010.

1. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Beatles label drawing interest from Sony

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Not too big a deal, this. Sooner or later, there will be 1 super company that owns every (former) major label. That is, if there is any demand for CD's at all in the future.

Thank goodness for all the independent record labels out there. About 95% of the CD's I buy come from indie labels.

3. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

I still buy cd's occasionally, but I don't see a problem here. I'm a huge Beatles fan, but don't think there will be a problem. They just released the remastered stuff, so that is what I am currently pursuing.

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I don't see a "problem" either. Most likely this is the only way these companies (at least the record label divisions) will survive a little longer, by consolidating.

Similar to the movie studios having gone through a ton of sell-offs/buy-outs/merges.

But like so many others, I think if they hadn't kept the prices of CD's so damn high for so long, they might be in better shape now. I'm still kind of a purist, I only buy single song .mp3's if I want a song but not the whole album.

I realize movies should make most of their money in the theaters, the price of a brand new release DVD can still be lower than even an older release CD.