How do you set up your MP3's?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Similitude, Jun 8, 2009.

?

How do you have your music on your MP3 Player

1. I always have entire albums and never anything less.

17.4%
  2. I pick and choose, some might be full albums, others might be 1-2 songs from an album.

52.2%
  3. I don't really care, I throw whatever I want on my MP3 player.

30.4%
  1. Mr. B

Mr. B Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm one of those people that feels like they have to have the whole album even if there are only 2-4 "good" songs on it. Storage space isn't enough of an issue to disturb my perfectionist aspirations.

In rare cases where I have no interest in the album or there is only one track I like, I have an "Unsorted" folder with 100 loose tracks in it. I retag those track to have the album listed as "Unsorted" so they are grouped tidily. The other 6,350 songs in my collection are part of complete albums.

2. The Sneeze Police

The Sneeze Police Captain Captain

I pick & choose even from the CD's that I own. I break up songs into some basic genres, but I normally have the player set to play a random selection. The only thing that I like to know is the year of release, so I can place the song within the context of my life.

3. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

I do have several albums on my Zune, but usually i find a song that i like and download it, so i chose the middle option.

4. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Both, but mostly full albums. And, this might seem odd and is a sign of my age, but for a lot of the classic albums of my youth I make sub-folders for each "side." I set the player to play just the folder, so I have to manually advance it to the next "side." I feel like it gives a better feel of how the album was originally planned, and I like listening to them the way I grew up with.

--Justin

5. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Oh my god, I waste SO much time organizing my MP3s. I have a playlist at home on my entertainment center PC which consists of albums in their entirety, it's about 100 albums by various artists I'm interested in at the moment. On my portable MP3 player on the other hand I try to narrow it down to just the hits since I only listen to it about 15-30 minutes at a time and really want the songs to jump out at me- right now I have 231 songs by 56 artists. I've been meaning to revise my portable, the last time I've went through and cleared it out and put new songs on was about a year and a half ago. It generally takes me about 3-4 hour minimum to cycle through all my albums and decide which songs to include, so I keep putting it off.