Hey Guys I really need your help!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Csillagcica, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Csillagcica

Csillagcica Cadet Newbie

Hey Guys,

First of all I'm not a Star Trek fan, but my father is the biggest fan of the series, so that's why Im asking for your help. In April he's gonna turn into 50 so me and my sisters want to give him an unforgettable birthday party, and we know he loves Star Trek so much, so we wanna give a Star Trek theme to the party. As I mentioned I don't know too much about the topic, so i'd like to ask for your help. If U have any ideas please share with me, anything about the decoration or costumes or music, or funny pics. Anything. It doesn't matter how hard work it will be I want to give him the biggest birthday he ever had. I can't tell you how many things I can thank to him, he is a wonderful dad, and I'm sure that would make him so happy. So please help me, don't do it for me, DO IT FOR HIM: FOR A DAD, FOR A STAR TREK FAN!!!!

Guys many thanks for your help, I'm very thankful. I promise when I made everything you gonna get some photoes!

Finally apologize for my english, and many thanks for reading this post. Let's se what we can do together!!!!!:cool: ;) :)

WOHOOOOOO

2. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Your English is fine. I wonder where you are. There are stores that sell Star Trek stuff, there is a lot of stuff online, and there are even sets in some places. You can buy uniforms that range from very cheap (which don't much look like the uniforms on TV to ones that run hundreds of dollars. Patterns to make your own are also on sale. There are a variety of props available as well. Does he own all six series (Star Trek (The Original Series), Star Trek: The Animated Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyagers, and Enterprise)?

Are you looking for gift ideas? Party ideas? Where in the world are you?

3. Shatinator

Shatinator Commander Red Shirt

Alright here are some idea:

Balloons with ST language on them. Either store bought or Google famous ST QUOTES & USE A SHARPIE! ;)

Buy some CHEAP ST uniforms or have T-shirts with logos/graphics :techman:

Have CD with ST music/Remixed songs-one GREAT choice is the pop group Information Society! :bolian:

Have tribble props lying about :lol:

Do a little minor make up for your guests to make them "alien" :vulcan:

Guest could have Communicator / phasers props. :cool:

Birthday Games-ST Theme or an actual Costume contest. :mallory:

Birthday Cake ST theme :)

If you like take Family Photos and Photo Shop them to put Family into ST setting / costumes or even scenes & run a slideshow for the enjoyment of all :p

Lastly...invite me LOL! ;)

Enjoy

4. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

Try this site unless your father really doesn't like the Star Trek 2009 movie. You can get everything from specialty plates to cake decorating kits (though you might have more immediate success by checking with your local bakery or one inside a supermarket since they often do specialty cakes if ordered early enough).

These prices are somewhat low, as well. That could be a sign they don't carry the most spectacular items, but if you order something you really want to get and see how it arrives, that could open the floodgates for other items.

Here's the link: http://www.birthdaydirect.com/star-...3057.html?sort=products_sort_order&view_all=1

Check it out and tell us how it's coming along!

You might also know who his favorite characters, ships, generations, and episodes are, and get them either in action figures, larger figures or even statues that are available online.

Give us a few more specifics so we can mull them over and lead you in the right directions!

And let me say your father is really lucky to have a really great group of children who are willing to venture into an area they're not familiar with to give him a b-day he'll never forget.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  5. Csillagcica

Csillagcica Cadet Newbie

Guys, many thanks for the ideas so far. Shatinator, you and me thinking the same way. Everything u wrote down is the same what I had in my mind. I want to make a decoration like inside of a starship. To be honest I don't really want to buy things, I want to do it by myself. Me and my sister are like to do creative stuff (I'm a fashion designer so I was thiking about to sew the uniforms, my sis is quite good at make up so we can probably do it to be similar like in the series.) I need some ideas about the spaceship or some infos about the creatures. Do you know any sites where I can find more photoes or funny things?

6. baxart

baxart Commander Red Shirt

I'm going to parrot a few of the ideas, but get a little more specific.
    And depending on how much lead time you have.

Do you know what series your father prefers?

No matter what, you're safe with a yellow, red, and blue color theme. Decorate balloons and cups with either regular or metallic markers, or paint. I would put the classic delta logo on cups and balloons and I love the Trek quote idea, those might be cool on the cups too, as conversation starters/trivia questions. "Who said..." You should be able to find Trek trivia questions online.

You should also be able to print out some related art to get ideas, just do a "Star Trek" google images search, take a look at the fan art forum here, and you should come up with more ideas than you'll ever need. I would also go to StarTrek.com. for pictures and ideas.
    I would suggest you mock up a few console-like control panels, again you can find those and either print them out, or make some with markers on foam-core board. You could also make PADDs, ship silhouettes, phasers and tricorders out of foam-core or craft foam (depending on his favorite series). If you don't know what phasers and tricorders are, just google them, and you'll get lots of pictures.

While you might want to go extra fancy and make him a quality "cosplay" uniform of his favorite series, you can go pretty low cost for your "extras" by using long sleeve, t-shirts or mock neck, and decorate them with airbrush shirt paints, and fabric paint for the delta/comm badge.
    The original Trek (Captain Kirk) would be the easiest, (Gold, Red or Blue shirts, standard collar painted black, gold ric-rac around the cuffs and black and gold shirt paint for the delta) Here: http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/2265-2270/uniforms.htm

If you know someone who does T-shirt airbrushing, then TNG should be pretty easy. A long sleeve, mock neck shirt, with gold and silver fabric paint for rank pips and comm badges.
    http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/2366-2372/uniforms.htm
    Class A uniforms for TNG (Picard) I'd use a Gold, Red or Blue shirt with air brushing to add blacks on the shoulders and waist.
    Class B uniforms for DS9 (Sisko) & VOY (Janeway), will be trickier because it's so black heavy, not sure what to suggest there.

ENT (Archer) period would probably be the 2nd easiest, I'd just go with blue long sleeve t-shirts with standard collars, and deco them with airbrush/shirt paints.
    http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/2140-2161/uniforms.htm

If he's a general Trekkie than you could do a variety uniforms.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  7. AjaxSupportCrew

AjaxSupportCrew Lieutenant Red Shirt

Where are you from???