Rare Photos: July 2011

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Frontier, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll be honest folks; I'm too hot and uncomfortable to write up much of an introduction this month. I miss winter. Summer is yuck. So lets skip to the chase... ;)

http://www.trekcore.com/specials/thumbnails.php?album=103

My Favorites:
    1st Row, Right: 1968, when fandom had teeth. Once upon a time our Trekkie fore-fathers stood and gathered and demonstrated to save the Original Series, thus ensuring we had a third season and enough episodes where made to put the show into reruns, leading to... everything else. Damn inspiring. Kind of poetic to be in the Fourth of July edition.

4th Row, Left: Quintessential James T. Kirk.

5th Row, Left: One of the rejected Tom Paris promo photos I mentioned last month. ;) I spaced them all out so the next is October. Props to my flatbed scanner -- the original image is at best 2x3 inches from a contact sheet.

6th Row, Left: Brent Spiner studies his script on the back-lot of Paramount. Love the hat.

Which Ones Are Your Favorites and Why?

2. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

That protest shot is great - you're right - they're an inspiration!

3. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

You always come through with great stuff! Love the one of Spiner just chillin on the staircase with a baseball hat.

4. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great Picture of Brent!!:)

5. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I absolutely love the picture of the Big Three and that lady, 2nd row, right. Don't know who she is, but that is such a nice pic!

The Brent Spiner one is great as well. It's always interesting to see actors in full costume hanging around the lot. Also love that closeup of Shatner as Captain Kirk. He really was perfect for the role.

I do wonder what's bothering Captain Archer, though. He looks like he's sitting on a pain stick or something.

6. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

That picture shows the craziness that must go on in movie studios. You have Brent in his Data costume wearing a LA Dodgers cap while a women in what looks like an Old-West period dress is coming down the stairs.

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

Great pictures! I think the one of Data on the stairs is my favorite.

8. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Love, love, love the photo of Kate Woodville and the Big Three from "For the World is Hollow..." Spontaneity creates such great pictures. And Natira's costume is classic Theiss Trek, a marvel of construction and just beautiful.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

And from the look, some of them were baby teeth. ;)

10. Python Trek

Python Trek Commodore Commodore

West Consin, People's Republic of America
    I like the one with the Crusher family. Gates/Bev has a look on her face like "I'm action mom!" and Wil/Wes is like, "whatever!".