Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

Indeed. Hate to say it, but Vega said it best..... HOLY SHIT!

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Somebody really needs to re-edit that Reaper/Maw kiss in slow motion...with say the slow piano + thumpity thump romance music from ME. ;)

3. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Here's some gun info from a thread on BSN that got deleted:
    Heavy Pistol

N7 Eagle
    -Powerful, accurate handgun. Upgrade of the Phalanx heavy pistol.
    When the Alliance's Offensive Handgun Project received funding to update one of designs, its engineers chose to upgrade the already-impressive Phalanx pistol. Like its predecessor, the Eagle is a compact, semi-automatic hand-cannon that delivers unprecedented accuracy and punch with a fast firing rate. The Eagle is named after the Desert Eagle, a classic handgun which has gained a romantic reputation among gun collectors thanks to its popularity in 20-21st century Earth action movies.

Scorpion Defensive Ordnance Pistol
    -Fires adhesive explosives for use as a firearm or proximity mine.
    Originally issued to the salarian STG to allow small units to contain much larger forces, the Scorpion pistol now sees service galaxy-wide. It fires low-velocity, squash-head projectiles with dual uses. The high-explosive filler within the projectiles contains an adhesive that sticks the projectile to the target during impact. An infrared signal can then be fired from the pistol with the touch of a button, detonating the explosive instantly or arming its motion detectors, turning the projectile into a proximity mine.

M-358 Talon
    -Shotgun-pistol hybrid with damage boost at close ranges.
    The Talon is a close-range pistol favored by Cerberus Guardians. Firing heavy-gauge shotgun pellets, it delivers massive trauma to unarmored targets. Its waste heat is punishing enough that it carries six separate ammunition blocks that rotate like a twentieth-century revolver to prevent any chance of shaver jam or misfire due to premature melting of the shot.
    [I believe the pistol can be seen in the center here and here]

Arc Pistol
    -An electrical weapon that can be charged up for a more damaging blast.
    An innovation of Admiral Daro'Xen, the Arc Pistol is a scaled-down Arc Projector that has had its power problems solved so it only requires thermal clips. The Arc Pistol uses a nonvisible laser to ionize the air and create a path for a high-ampere electric shock. It can be charged up for a more damaging blast.

Submachine Gun

N7 Hurricane
    -This SMG has a slow rate of fire, but high precision and damage.
    While some militaries pass up the Hurricane because of a slow firing rate, the Alliance finds this compact SMG's burst-fire capabilities offer flexible battle tactics. With pistol-like accuracy, a well-placed 3-round burst from the Hurricane chews through shields, armor, and flesh at an alarming rate. Alliance officers were so pleased with field results that the Hurricane is now many squadrons' standard-issue SMG

M-237S Hornet SMG
    The Hornet is a longer-range submachine gun, featuring an integral laser sight and a sound suppressor for covert operations. Its relatively low rate of fire is its tradeoff for high stability, allowing Cerberus troopers to place shots with little fear of recoil.

Shotgun

N7 Crusader
    -Makes tight shots for precision in combat. This shotgun has a moderate rate of fire.
    Bruised and bloody Alliance marines on Torfan attributed their survival against waves of batarian mercenaries to the sheer stopping power of the Crusader. With a design patterned on riot shotguns, this durable weapon has a moderate rate of fire, high damage rate, and tight pellet spread. As its accuracy allows little room for error, the Crusader is primarily found among highly trained soldiers.

AT-12 Raider
    Carried by the batarian military's notorious Special Intervention Unit, the Raider is a semi-automatic shotgun that fires rapidly at medium range. Rather than eliminating recoil, the Raider's integral compensators make it predictable and vertical. Its adjustable choke allows for effortless switching between tight and broad shot-grouping, making it extremely versatile.

The Disciple
    A powerful close-range shotgun. Generates a protective barrier by rapidly cycling through heat sinks. Originally hand-crafted by asari Justicars for their own exclusive use, schematics for the Disciple shotgun were passed down to asari commandos after centuries of negotiation with their order. The Disciple uses shotgun shells packed with micro-scale sub-munitions to deal staggering amounts of close-range damage. Its eezo-powered core can also generate a mobile kinetic barrier, though this quickly depletes the heat sinks that soak up the shotgun's electrical discharge.

Assault Rifle

N7 Valkyrie
    -High-powered upgrade of the Avenger rifle. Excellent accuracy and rate of damage.
    After the carnage of the Battle of the Citadel, Alliance officers commissioned an upgraded rifle for their ground forces. Improving on the popular Avenger design, the Valkyrie is now standard issue for new recruits. Exceptionally well-crafted, accurate, and packing ample firepower, the rifle is a hot black-market item on the rare occasion it surfaces.
    [Not entirely sure about the picture because it looks nothing like the avenger and instead looks like the Falcon below. Here is a picture of a cerberus trooper holding what looks like an avenger so that could be it.]

M-37 Falcon
    This Alliance rifle launches 25 mm mini-grenades, which are "married" to a range-finding laser on the weapon itself. This allows precise detonation at any target the wielder desires. Though the Falcon burns through its specialized ammunition as well as standard thermal clips, it comes with a field fabrication kit to generate more ammunition, leaving thermal clips as its only real limitation.

M-99 Saber
    -Heavy duty semi-automatic rifle.
    A heavy duty semi automatic rifle favored by only the most elite marksman. The M-99 Saber is jokingly referred to as "Big Iron" for its sheer stopping power and absurd cost to produce. Each M-99 Saber is designed specifically for its owner and is rarely retrieved from the battlefield.

M-112 Raptor
    -Assault rifle/sniper rifle hybrid with semi-automatic fire and low recoil.
    The Raptor is a human version of a turian weapon developed for a conflict on the low-gravity world of Amar. Fighting at longer ranges than they had expected, the turians optimized a low-recoil, semi-automatic rifle with a scope and issued it to their regular infantry, creating a hybrid weapon that was half assault rifle and half sniper. Cerberus Centurions use a version with an underslung grenade launcher, usually equipped with smoke grenades to conceal their movement.

M-55 Argus
    -Precise, high-powered rifle that uses burst-fire.
    The Argus is a high-powered rifle favored by senior C-Sec officers. Its accuracy allows them to control the battlefield with deadly precision, and firing bursts ensures ammunition conservation during lengthy conflicts. Other law-enforcement agencies across the galaxy are adopting the Carbine as their standard rifle, as much for its intimidation factor as its suppression power.

Sniper Rifle

N7 Valiant
    -This sniper rifle's slow rate of fire is offset by impressive accuracy and damage.
    The Valiant is a high-powered sniper rifle tested by Alliance soldiers during a series of harsh survival exercises on the planet Kruljaven. A redesign of the M-96 Mattock, this streamlined weapon employs a sophisticated fire-control system that improves accuracy by stabilizing the barrel during targeting. While this comes at a cost of reduced capacity and rate of fire, most soldiers find the increase in precision and lethality to more than make up for the tradeoff.

M-90 Indra
    -An electrically-charged sniper rifle.
    Reverse-engineered from the Cerberus Arc Projector, the Indra is a prototype sniper-rifle that fires a path of ionized air, then electrifies targets with a bolt of lightning-like energy. The Indra maximizes its damage by first piercing its targets with a high-powered shot, and electrifying them second.

Heavy Weapons

Phaeston
    -A fully automatic machine gun with a good balance between precision and firepower.
    Named after a turian spirit of creation, the Phaeston was engineered to provide the best possible balance between accuracy and firepower in a machine gun. Each shot is tempered by kickback dampeners inside the shoulder stock, which lets the Phaeston pack more punch than other weapons its size without sacrificing precision. Its fully automatic fire and relatively light weight has turned the Phaeston into the turian infantry's primary go-to weapon.

Graal Spike Thrower
    -Krogan weapon that causes blood loss damage over time.
    The Graal is one of a long line of krogan weapons used to hunt thresher maws. Its ammunition consists of oversized flechettes meant to pierce thresher hide and create deep wound channels leading to massive blood loss. For additional firepower, the weapon is double-barreled, and as a last resort, sports blades to cause internal injuries if the wielder is swallowed by the thresher. Using a Graal on a humanoid target has predictably grisly effects.

M-51 Havoc
    -Heavy-weapon that slams enemies with kinetic energy blasts.
    A mass-accelerator heavy weapon, the Havoc projects large, concentrated bursts of kinetic energy that slam into groups of enemies, flinging them across the battlefield. Recently created by the Alliance, this experimental gun is popular with resistance forces on Earth: the Havoc's burst effect means a single soldier can fend off entire crowds with judiciously-timed shots.

Javelin
    Called the Javelin by Alliance marines, this geth weapon holds a reservoir of ferrofluid, magnetically drawn into the firing chamber and expelled at lethal speeds. Like a high-pressure water-jet, the ferrofluid cuts through nearly anything it hits, causing terrible wounds and so much heat that its jet resembles a beam of light. A complex system optimizing repulsion power is visually displayed as the Reticule Sine Cadence; firing in time with the sine wave can increase damage dramatically.

Geth Spitfire
    Full-auto weapon firing a hail of rounds that produce plasma on impact.
    The Spitfire is the Alliance's name for a geth minigun of devastating firepower. Similar to their so-called "plasma shotgun," the Spitfire fires charged superconducting toroids that rupture on impact, arcing electricity and flash-converting to plasma. Electrical shock, fragments, and burn trauma then destroy shields and flesh alike. Rotating barrels help cool the weapon, allowing for sustained fire.

Like the geth plasma shotgun, the Spitfire is not a true energy weapon. Instead, the minigun magnetically flings clusters of superconducting toroids. These donut-shaped projectiles are designed to shatter upon impact, arcing electricity between the fragments and flash-converting them to plasma. The gun’s punishing, automatic blasts impact with the heat of a cutting torch.

The weapon's stopping power has garnered the attention of both Alliance and quarian intelligence, who theorize that the Spitfire may have been designed to destroy other geth. Enough Spitfires have been found in the field to suggest that the weapon is out of the prototyping stage, and that a schism among synthetics may have forced them into production.

[This had to be pieced together, seems like they rewrote it several times.]

Pistol

Pistol High Caliber Barrel
    -Increases damage by ?
    The weapon accepts wider projectiles to cause more trauma on impact; these are ballistically optimized so as not to lose penetrative power.

Pistol Melee Taser
    -Increases melee damage by ?
    A small attachment to the base of the muzzle which causes massive damage to meleed targets.

Pistol Scope
    -Increases accuracy by ?
    A simple 2x optical scope to enhance accuracy and stability while zoomed. Reduces aim error while moving and taking damage.

Pistol Magazine Upgrade
    -Increases rounds per magazine by ?
    Increases the magazine density of the weapon, allowing more shots to be fired.

Pistol Grip Stabilizer
    -Increases stability by 30%
    Channels the weapon's recoil back into the shooter's arm rather than the air allowing for better kick absorption.

Submachine Gun

SMG High Caliber Barrel
    -Increases damage by ?
    The weapon accepts wider projectiles to cause more trauma on impact; these are ballistically optimized so as not to lose penetrative power.

SMG Scope
    -Increases accuracy by ?
    A simple 2x optical scope to enhance accuracy and stability while zoomed. Reduces aim error while moving and taking damage.

SMG Ultralight Materials
    -Reduces weapon weight by ?
    Superior light-weight alloys replace most weapon parts, making the weapon easier to handle and less obtrusive when using powers.

SMG Magazine Upgrade
    -Increases rounds per magazine by ?

SMG Enhanced Stock
    -Increases accuracy by 6% and stability by 30%
    A buttstock cushioned with "ShockWise" smart synthetic padding to absorb recoil and allow for fast shouldering without slips or catches. Multi-stage recoil compensation allows for more [screenshot cuts off here]

SMG Heat Sink
    -Every round fired has a ?% chance of not consuming any ammo.
    Increases the heat conductivity of the thermal clip receiver, allowing more heat to be vented and more shots to be fired before malfunction. Completely negates the heat generated by some shots.
    [This one is odd because below I've included a mod from a screenshot which has the same description. I'm not sure which one will actually be in the game.]

SMG E-Material Heat Sink
    -Increases rounds per magazine by 40%
    Increases the heat conductivity of the thermal clip receiver, allowing more heat to be vented and more shots to be fired before malfunction.

Shotgun

Shotgun Shredder Mod
    Allows bullets to pierce through ? meter objects, but at ? reduced damage. Also ignores ?% of defenses on armored targets.

Shotgun High Caliber Barrel
    -Increases damage by ?

Shotgun Smart Choke
    -Increases accuracy by ?
    Servo motors hooked up to an adjustable system allow the shotgun to tighten or loosen its pellet spread for maximum accuracy.

Shotgun Blade Attachment
    -Increases melee damage by ?
    A tungsten carbide bayonet with a recessed edge to provide maximum cutting surface.

Shotgun Spare Ammo
    -Increases spare ammo capacity by ?
    Adds sockets to increase the total spare ammo capacity for this weapon.

Assault Rifle

Assault Rifle Precision Scope
    -Increases accuracy by ?
    A simple 4x optical scope to enhance accuracy and stability while zoomed. Reduces aim error while moving and taking damage.

Assault Rifle Extended Barrel
    -Increases damage by 25%.
    A longer version of the original barrel, resulting in greater bullet velocity and energy imparted.

Assault Rifle Stability Damper
    -Increases weapon stability by 30%
    Distributes recoil with a sliding system of counterweights compatible with kinetic coil generators. Reduces overall weapon kickback while firing.

Assault Rifle E-Material Heat Sink
    -Increases rounds per magazine by 40%.

Assault Rifle Piercing Mod
    Allows bullets to pierce through ? meter objects, but at ? reduced damage. Also ignores ?% of defenses on armored targets.

Sniper Rifle

Sniper Rifle Extended Barrel
    -Increases damage by ?%.
    A longer version of the original barrel, resulting in greater bullet velocity and energy imparted.

Sniper Rifle Concentration Module
    Increases damage by ?% and enhances concentration while aiming, slowing down the world around you by ?% for a brief time.
    Biometric sensors and auto-targeting software adjust for the shooter's pulse and breathing, assisting aim.

Sniper Rifle Enhanced Scope
    -Increases accuracy by ?
    A stability-enhancing scope that increases accuracy and decreases aim error while moving and taking damage.

Sniper Rifle Spare Ammo
    -Increases spare ammo capacity by ?%.
    Adds sockets to increase the total spare ammo capacity for this weapon.

Sniper Rifle Piercing Mod
    Allows bullets to pierce through ? meter objects, but at ?% reduced damage. Also ignores ?% of defenses on armored targets.

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I never got why that is suppost to be a romantic theme seeing as its played after you nuke one of your party members and everyone is now mourning them.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^I think they just used it as their go-to "emotional scene" track. The music in the first game was odd at times. I'm convinced there's a bug in the scene where Benezia dies that keeps the "fight" music playing over her death music. I swear I can hear another track playing in the background.

6. bullethead

For ME1, they hard mixed certain musical cues into some of the cutscenes, so when you played it with your own music, you'd get your music on top of the cutscene music, which didn't turn out well too often.

7. bullethead

Ashley in armor:
    [​IMG]

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Huzzah!

Armor aside, I'm just glad to have Ashley back.

9. HotRod

Agreed! Whatever some people may think of Ashley, she will always be my girl. Glad to have her back at my side in ME3. Looking good too i might add.

10. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After the way she treated him on Horizon, she had better not plan on seeing my Shepard naked again. :angryrazz:

11. Skywalker

ETA: I didn't know they made ninjas in Ireland. :eek:
    Same here. She's my favorite LI by far. Shepard, Ashley, and Garrus are my favorite team in either game.

12. HotRod

She did write that rather touching message sometime after though. Thats gotta count for something. I liked that she was pissed at him at first. Hell, he was working with Cerberus....SHE SHOULD BE PISSED.

13. HotRod

Yeah, that tended to be my squad of choice aswell. Garrus is still my number one pick for a squadmate. I just hope he is on the Normandy right from the get go. God knows theres always calibrations to be done.

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

And here I thought I was the only one that agreed with Ash on Horizon. I mean come on! My femshep was a Sole Survivor and she just goes along with Cerberus? TIM must have indoctrinated her with Reaper elevator music or something. :shifty:

Personally I'm more interested in what'll happen between Ash and one of my other FemSheps...the one I used the save editor on to make Ash her LI instead of boring old Kaiden or Liara...

For the record; my squad of choice in ME1 was usually some combination of Ash, Liara and Tali. The girls always seemed more useful to me. In ME2, again it was usually an all female squad with Miranda and either Tali or Samara. Jack was pretty useless though sadly.

15. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But he's Commander Shepard, he saved the whole galaxy and still found time to give her the best 6 minutes of her life. Sure, he chose to kill the government and now he's working with a terrorist organisation, but those 6 minutes were really special.

No, he has Miranda now, the woman with the genetically perfect ass that fulfilled his fantasy about doing it in the engine room while Tali awkwardly worked at her station around the corner. That was the best 4 minutes of Shepard's life.

16. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Same here. She was nearly always in my squad on ME1. The team I usually had chosen may not have been the most well balanced but it certainly got the job done. (Usually two soldiers and a Biotic)

17. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Just to reiterate...

"TAKE BACK EARTH!"

No.

*Blows Earth up*

Finally, a unique universe for once.

18. Skywalker

Indeed. The galaxy is a lot bigger than Earth. :D

Besides, my character isn't from Earth. Why should he care about it? :shifty: :devil:

19. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because shut up.

20. Skywalker

Was that a Renegade interrupt? :p