Smallville: 10x07 "Ambush" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Nov 4, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman! (Excellent)

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. The Blur (Good)

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Clark Kent (Mild Mannered and Average)

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Kal (Bad)

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Superdouche (Terrible)

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The Fortress Of Crystal Meth. :lol:

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Blue Kryptonite looks like what Walter is selling on Breaking Bad. :)

Is it health and longevity or just health this stuff gives to humans?

marketed right, blue Kryptonite could save the world.

Clark is a Deush for not telling Tess to start a study on this stuff.

Besides, if everyone on the planet was on Blue kryptonite?

Any new invasion by Krypto fascists would turn to kindling instantly.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Smallville prop guy's probably stole it from the Breaking Bad set.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I heard they filmed Ambush before Harvest to accommodate the actors in Ambush...makes me wish Ambush was a 2 parter...Harvest sucked...I was way too generous in giving it a good. :lol:

5. Admiral_Young

I wish Ambush Bug was in this episode. I suppose that the title of this episode indicates several ambushes, Flagg's ambush of General Lane, Sam's ambush of Clark, Lucy's ambush of Clark in the attic (isn't this the second time in the series she's come on to him?) I swear comic book Clark never got this much tail in his life compared to Smallville Clark.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Until Clark has sex with Tess and then it is revealed she is a Luthor...I won't be happy. :(

7. Admiral_Young

Clark and Tess had a fleeting moment...perhaps in this alternate universe we're supposed to visit, Clark is married to Tess, they have four children, Batman is their godfather, and the two of them are rulers of a Metahuman Empire?!!!

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

We can only hope. :)

[edit] About Zod returning...Callum Blue is still under contract for S10 and Kelly said in a fancast we will be seeing him in a few eps later in the season.

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/smallville/smallville-5-things-to-know-about-season-10/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
  9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sex with Tess isn't going to count till after Clark KNOWS that she is a clone of Lex. Claiming ignorance is just shenanigans like Luke and Leia making out on the catwalk being cut from A New Hope.

"I used to suppress my lust for you because homosexuality is an abomination, but now that you have a vagina Lex, I can go to town."

Remember day one when Tess had that nostalgia fit looking at the desk in the library? Whoever Tess is a clone of, she has all the old memories of that person.

"Lionel Luthor killed my parents and I nailed the clone of his wife. That does make me feel a little better."

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Too bad they set up a history with Oliver in S8...they could have made Tess the post op of Lex in some kind of magic Luthorcorp sexchange operation. :lol:

Tess: I am Lex...
    Clark: I gotta have ya buddy!

:guffaw:

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Poor Cass. :(

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yes poor Cass. :( I really was hoping Tess was not connected to the Luthors.

13. Admiral_Young

"You sent us to Hell Kal-El...Earth is doomed. Darkseid is coming. Darkseid is coming."

that will be the extent of Zod's appearance.

14. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Clark has a secret identity in the future. How do they get to there from here?

Ignore Lois's knowledge, how does he get to the glasses disguise from where he is now? Half the goverment seems to know that Clark Kent is a strange visitor from another planet.

15. Admiral_Young

^ Dude we still have more than half a season to go. I'm sure all of those concerns will be addressed. I wouldn't freak out too much.

16. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Maybe Zatanna casts a spell

17. Admiral_Young

I think the writers have handled the Blur all wrong...it was a mistake for them to have Clark 'mark' or 'tag' the spots he has saved or rescued with his symbol. This just further incites the mind wipe or reset button rumors from fans. Let me repeat, I do not think we will get anything like that at the end of the series. I can easily see a Daily Planet headline that reads "The Blur is Superman" By Lois Lane followed by an article interviewing Superman and asking him why he chose to operate as the Blur first. I already stated that I don't think Lex will remember due to the clone imbalance problem if this indeed turns out to be the Luthor from Clark's 2013 dream. I suppose that it is also possible that someone like Chloe if she indeed becomes Dr. Fate wipes everyone who has knowledge of the Blur out.

As I stated though I'll kind of be pissed off if there is a mind wipe or reset button in the finale. It will confirm that watching these last nine and a half years was a complete waste of time.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The whole Blur thing is stupid.

19. Admiral_Young

The entire way they've handled Clark's transition into Superman is stupid.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:lol: Yep! If I was doing the series I would have planned it to go 4 years of HS and 4 years of college and 2 years becoming Superman after an offscreen 5 years. S8 introduce Lois, Cat have Lana working at the DP...there would be Jimmy! There is no reason to set up ridiculous plots year in and year out.

And it would go Lana...Lori and then Lois.

[edit] Even though they know it might not last 10 seasons...things can be adjusted.