Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Arista-hime

Arista-hime Cadet Newbie

Hi hi!

I joined a few days ago and finally had a chance to post. I had been a Trek fan years ago when I watched TNG in syndication and VOY during the later seasons. But stopped watching after awhile until Star Trek (2009) released and now all I watch is TOS! :) Feels great to get back to watching Trek again.

2. Burgess

Burgess Cadet

Hi, I'm a new one in here.
    I used to love the show when I was a kid - watched it everyday with my mum. Since then I never saw it onTV.
    http://freemkvplayer.net/ mkv file player

3. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Hi Arista-hime and Burgess :)

4. vulcan8630

vulcan8630 Cadet Newbie

Håfa Adai!

From the South Pacific!
    Grew up with and love the Classic Star Trek. I have all Classic Star Trek Seasons on DVD.Did not get into Star Trek The Next Generation until 3rd season. I have all STTNG seasons on DVD (Interesting, I looked good in the 3rd season uniform also......). Star Trek:DS9 I have seen some shows. I planning on collecting all seasons. Star Trek Voyager loved the show, looked GREAT in the jumpsuit...(A lot of firends called me Ensign Kim when I dressed up for a "premiere" Star Trek Voyager Party). I have 3 seasons of Voyager so far. Enterprise I loved what I saw but made a major move in my life. I was heartbroken when I heard about the cancellation. I have season 4 of Enterprise but gearing up to get the rest.
    I have dressed up for many Star Trek Conventions in the Bay Area and Grand Slam when it was in Pasadena. I was a frequent show at BayCon (I lived in San Jose!). I love going to science fiction conventions in general.

Thanks for having me!

5. James R

James R Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Deep Space Nine is my favourit follwed by TNG then the Original series followed by Enterprise then Voyager of the tv Shows.

6. kirsten187

Ah, DS9 - my favourite along with TOS.

7. Dan_theNerd

Dan_theNerd Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey all!

This is the first Trek board I've been a member of in... something like 2-3 years? It's been awhile.

Anyways! I'm a total geek and I'm looking forward to being one here on Trek BBS.

Cheers!

8. kirsten187

Ooh, a total geek? Welcome, then, to trekbbs :D

9. Voyagerstardate

Voyagerstardate Ensign Newbie

Greetings all. I just happen to stumble over this place when I couldn't sleep and well here I am. lol I grew up watching TNG as a kid and hated the fact if i missed an episode. DS9 didn't grab my attention well so i stopped watching however never stopped reading the novels. When Voyager was airing. I was to busy readjusting from the military moving my family for the billionth time. That and it came on late on a school night... So Never really got to watch it.... Finally just under a week ago i managed to by the box series and finally caught up with it.... Love it!!

10. kirsten187

Welcome aboard Voyagerstardate :)

11. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Hello everybody!

I've been around the board for a while (I joined during the last weeks of ENT being on the air) but since I'll be a mod here but haven't posted much in this part of the board, I thought this would be the perfect place to re-introduce myself.
    I got into Star Trek at a fairly young age, I remember watching TOS reruns with my older brother. When I was in first grade I was already such a big fan I went as Spock to the carnival costume party at school.
    Ever since then, Trek has been a part of my life. I watched all the subsequent shows in their original runs here and then many times over, except for Voyager.
    I have a hard time deciding which of the shows is my favourite. I usually say Enterprise because it doesn't get much love otherwise but, with the exception of Voyager, I love them all very much.

This is my first time moderating anything so I'm actually quite excited. :)

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

w00t, TNZ taking over! \o/ Have fun modding GTD, CZ! :techman:

13. kirsten187

Hi Count Zero - hope you get on ok with being a mod :)

14. Count Zero

I hope so, too. It's generally a friendly board, so I probably will. :)

15. Voyagerstardate

Voyagerstardate Ensign Newbie

Thank you for the Warm welcome Kristen.:bolian:

16. Jacqism

Jacqism Cadet Newbie

Took me a while to find this thread! But here I am!

My name is Jacqueline, 21 year old, Dutch Star trek geek.

Been a fan since 2005, back then I was hooked on the Voyager series, went to a couple of conventions, met Kate Mulgrew, Garett Wang and Robert Picardo at some point =P Actually, I unintentionally ran into Robert Picardo at three different conventions, that guy goes to a lot of them 0.0.. I've noticed he loves Opera.. I'm not too big on him though, no offense. I used to be somewhat of a Kate Mulgrew fan. I still like her, just a whole lot less than I used to. And I don't really understand why they had to kill her off in the book series, was that really necessary? OK, I will stop ranting now..

Only recently got into the TNG series, and yeah I'm pretty much hooked again! Planning on going to FedCon with a couple friends in May, and well that's pretty much it.

So.. What's up?

17. kirsten187

Hi Jacqism :D welcome

18. Shire55

Shire55 Ensign Newbie

G'day All, I've been lurking for a while, creepy, I know! I write a bit (P/C) my name is Heather Smyth. I'm an Aussie and completely obssessed with Patrick Stewart! Last Jan he gave me a kiss and a cuddle and yeah, I'm still floating somewhere near the ceiling! Happy to be here, many thanks to those responsible in keeping everything up and running.

19. Count Zero

That's awesome. :D Where did you meet him?

20. kirsten187

Hello Shire55 :)