Mulgrew so awful to Jeri Ryan she had to date Braga for protection

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Khan Harrison, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They used her instantly.

Seska joining the kazon was the first Seka story, but they hadn't started filming shit yet, so the writers went back into earlier episodes that had been locked down and wrote her in at the expense of existing cast members screen time. Every line from Seska in her first four episodes had probably been originaly intended for Carey.

It's almost like Joe wants to get screwed?

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Joe is dull. Seska is not!

I wish she had gotten stuck on board and Chakotay had dumped the Captain for her because she was carrying his child and then when the child was born it turned out to be Kazon spawn after all and then Chakotay looks like an utter jerk for jettisoning his love for the child that he had felt before he saw the child but taken back as soon as he realized the child wasn't his. Oh and the EMH was duped by all the tinkering that had already taken place in Seska, that's why he couldn't pick up Kazon DNA during the prenatal tests.

3. Katie O'Clare

Katie O'Clare Lieutenant Red Shirt

Nice ideas there teacake. :)

4. teacake

You're supposed to hate my ideas since they always boil down to "Chakotay is a chump"!

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

He wasn't even close to being a chump in the 1st three seasons. :drool:

Well... :rolleyes:

MAYBE "close" in "Emmanations" when he told B'Elanna and Kim not to use tricorders when searching the burial site. ;)

6. Guy Gardener

That was a high point.

When He had to tell Harry, a fully trained and qualified ethically superior Starfleet Officer not to pull a Ransom.

7. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

That's not a bad idea for fan fiction. Have either one of you read L. R. Bowen's classic fic "The Cardassian Mask." It was written pretty early in the series and the characters, especially Chakotay are different.

My daughter (she has a BS in Biology), made the observation that the procedure Seska took to get pregnant might not have produced a son at all, but may have produced a clone of Chakotay. That thought made me write fic lol.

8. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And Jennifer Lien had a beautiful voice. The actress herself seems like a very nice lady.

9. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Wow. That has the potential of stepping into creepsville, but I can see Seska doing it-- spurned by Chakotay, she accelerates the growth of the Chakotay II clone, and sleeps with her own "son".

10. teacake

So what's the deal on baby clones of yourself, are you supposed to feel maternal about them?

11. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

They are in a way your offspring (your DNA), and they're definately part of your family.

:)

12. Guy Gardener

Okay lets test that theory.

Tom Riker and Will Riker making out.

Are they brothers, father and son or practically strangers?

13. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

As a Spider-Man fan that came in during the 90s, Brothers!

Riker probably still would though.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Riker and Pulaski didn't seem to care when they murdered their clones the moment they learned about them.:lol:

15. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay.. the ICK :barf: factor of this thread has just gone off the scale.

Any chance we could go back to Mulgrew dissing Ryan so much it pushed her into the arms of Brannon Braga? :cardie:

16. Guy Gardener

That Humaniform Replicator kid from Stargate got so pissed off that Sam Carter wouldn't fall in love with him that he was forced to give birth to the Replicarter to mate with... Which didn't turn out at all well for anyone.

The gorgeous evil Princess from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, made her self dozens of Buck Rogers clones to staff an elite squadron which would take over earth but not before she had a lengthy orgy first.

17. teacake

Okay so you're introduced to your clone that you didn't know someone had made from your DNA.. they're not your kid you think but then you actually see them, let's say they are 5 years old. And they look like you and they talk in a way that has some uncanny resemblance to how you remember thinking about the world when you were a kid and you start to think a little more about it. What is a biological child anyway but one cell containing your DNA combining with one cell containing someone else's DNA? Why does making all the DNA yours exactly make this any less of your child? And then it hits you, it doesn't. This person is as much your child biologically as any child made from your sperm or egg.

And right then and there you feel like you love this child, this clone of your flesh, because who else is going to understand and care for them with as much empathy as yourself? Sure it's a little weird but at the end of the day this child is your own flesh and blood and there's a bond there that's growing stronger in every interaction the two of you have. And it's beautiful.

And then someone opens these huge doors and shows you your other 6000 clones.

18. Guy Gardener

19. teacake

I've thought about whether I would frak myself if I met myself as a time travel accident. Haven't we all? It's the greatest question of our age.

That dilemma is a little less fraught than the one I proposed.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  20. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Hell no. I'd not go near myself in that way. Point out several decisions to make differently maybe.

The problem with meeting a clone of yourself at a young age. What if you don't feel that way, what if you feel completely weirded out that here's a younger version of yourself? I see the more common "He's not me, maybe we should just end the monstrosity" version coming to light rather than the "Aww come here and let me shelter you." or "Hey Bro" Parker response. (Well Peter Parker went through "maybe we should just end the monstrosity" first and then became "Hey Bro" but he had good reason for not trusting the the clone when they met at the start of the clone saga.)