Kitbash Datasheets - some finished ones

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Forbin, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

so much awesomeness! :D

Thank you :)

3. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Those are great! And you got my fav, the Terrell!

5. Captain Shade

Captain Shade Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Absolutely wonderful...Even if you made the orthos I did, of some of them, look like chicken scratch. ;)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

Great work Forbin. I love that you went to the lengths of crew patches and ship logos for so many of them.

My favourite design's probably the Columbus in the way it prefigures later fashions in starship design (a style that particularly suits the Excelsior class BTW).

Do you have an aft-view of the Dominion? I couldn't figure out how the third nacelle attaches? (sorry if this has been covered in your orthos thread, or elsewhere).

dJE

7. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Forbin that is fantastic work :techman: these are screaming to be printed out in 11 x 17 :)

8. Forbin

Damn, didn't think of that. It's just on a pylon sticking straight up from the "manifold" hump. Maybe if we have some down time at work this week...

It's hard to tell from the raster conversions, but most of them are proportioned for A2 and/or engineering C-cize (17x22). I started using those sizes when I had an Epson 1520 printer at home, which prints those sizes. Then it died, and the new models cost a freakin thousand dollars! Geez!!

9. Forbin

10. Kaiser

awesome page :)

11. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks that is good to know biggest size my Hp can do do is 13 x 19 but that is not a common size sheet. I need to get a
    a second hand plotter to plot out some of this material. :)

for now I'll just have to enjoy them on the screen ;)

12. Forbin

13. Kaiser

Best Medical Ship ever for the TOS era there :)

14. Forbin

Really? Not too clunky? I was going for the thrown-together prototype look. I know cargo pods aren't the sexiest shape in the fleet. :lol:

15. Kaiser

not too clunky at all and with all the space and volume in that cargo pod you could treat alot of people or animals in them :)

my only crit is always hate undergunned transports and medical vessels just seems to me a bad idea to have them under gunned

16. Griffworks

Griffworks Commander Red Shirt

Beautiful work, John! Thanks for sharing it!

17. Forbin

Doesn't seem right to me to even arm them. Makes 'em a target. But it's sort of traditional to have phasers, so i have phasers.

Are real hospital ships armed at all?

18. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, apparently USNS Mercy is armed only with defensive weapons (according to Wikipedia), and has no offensive weapons. Not sure what those weapons are, but for a Trek ship, I'd say that means phasers only.

19. Bell'Orso

Bell'Orso Lieutenant Red Shirt

The US Navy's Mercy class hospital ships are not. Not sure about any others.

And Kaiser's right. This is a fine ship indeed. Having a cargo pod converted as secondary hull of a starship actually makes perfect sense within the Trek universe, as they offer a lot of internal space. (The US Navy's Mercy class are converted supertankers) Hell, I've seen fan-designed cargo-pods with impulse drive and even with a single warp nacelle sticking out underneath, essentially making them instant starships, so why not combine one with a dreadnought saucer as you've done?

And while they are certainly not in the same league with such ships as the Saladin/Hermes or Constitution classes, they are beautiful in their own right. ;)

EDIT: @ B.J.: I didn't find anything about even defensive weaponry on Wikipedia's page on the Mercy class the last time I looked.

Nevertheless, for a Trel hospital ship phasers should be fine. The Feds probably don't have interstellar treaties covering such issues as shooting at hospital ships with EVER ONE of their neighbours, hence requiring them to be armed at least lightly, just in case. (Not that their neighbours would neccessarily care whether or not they are commiting war crimes.)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  20. Forbin