Favorite Watchmen character?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by broberfett, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Gotta go with Rorschach! Ozy is a fascinating villain. Manhattan is interesting. Nite Owl and Silk Spectre I found generally very boring and uninteresting, but in a way they're supposed to be. They're the "normal" ones. :p

2. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I felt the same way, and initially I wasn't sure why. I think I figured out the reasons are that first, Rorschach's voice always sounds the same, whether he's masked or not, so it sounds more natural, and second, apparently Bale's voice being as stupid as it was isn't just because of his own poor performance, but also because it was edited electronically. Batman using a cheerful, wussy voice as Bruce Wayne and a gruff, tough guy voice as Batman worked in animation, but it just doesn't in a movie. Even with someone other than Bale, I think it would have been hard for any actor to pull that off.

He should have just used the same voice he uses as Wayne...it's not obvious at all who he is under that mask. At least not as obvious as Superman who only has glasses, clothing, and hairstyle to differentiate his look between when he's Superman and when he's Clark. If people can't tell he's Superman with only those differences and the same voice, why would Wayne's voice alone give away who he is?

3. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Nite Owl I, particularly the older version. I thought he came across as a cool guy (he's great in the Behind the Mask documentary on the Black Freighter DVD) and, frankly, was the only superhero of the bunch of them (old and new) who truly came across as really heroic in my eyes.

Alex

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are you sure about that? Where did you hear this?

5. CaptMurdock

CaptMurdock Commodore Commodore

The future birthplace of Capt. Christopher Pike
    Rorschach. I just love his "costume": a trenchcoat over a pinstripe suit, fedora and the inkblot mask. If I were a superhero, that's what I'd wear. No capes, no tights!

6. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

Rorschach.

7. Orintho

Orintho Vice Admiral Admiral

The Comedian and Rorscharch. But the other heroes were also interestng.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rorschach and Night Owl II for me. Ozymandias is third just because he's interesting to me as well as cool. While the first two are just plain bad ass. I also liked the movie version of Silk Specter over the comic book version. I wish they would have let Malin use her normal blonde hair like in the comics, she used a wig in her superhero identity.

9. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Commedian. He was a gung ho thug, but damn, was he happy about it.

10. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Not sure, I think I read it online somewhere. It makes sense if it's true that he almost lost his voice trying to do the Batman voice in the first one. I figured they'd manipulate it to make the process a little easier on him. And back on topic, I like Rorschach most too, even before the movie. Dr. Manhattan kinda pissed me off because he always acted like he was above everyone and everything (which is understandable, but still), and I thought Ozymandias was a lot cooler and more likable in the book.

In the movie, he acted like a cocky asshole from the moment you saw him, but in the book he was more affable...I enjoyed his cheerful (less pompous) self-promotion and all his merchandising with action figures and stuff. He seemed like a pretty nice guy, which made the ending more surprising in the book.

11. JuanBolio

JuanBolio Admiral Admiral

Rorschach, followed by Nite Owl II.

12. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Having only read the book (and seen the Saturday morning cartoon version too ;) ;) ;)), I still liked The Comedian.

13. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My favorite is Dr. Manhattan; I can relate to having all sorts of thoughts and memories pop up in my head and I think he cut a pretty good balance between appreciation and pessimism, detachment and presence.

14. The Comedian

The Comedian Captain Captain

My favorite character?

Guess. :)

15. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Silk Spectre. Either of them. :guffaw:

16. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

They'd be my faves! :angel: