TV Ratings (Wednesday 11th February)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jax, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

-Total Viewers:
    Fox: 24.62 million, CBS: 11.02, ABC: 6.43, NBC: 5.88, CW: 1.01

-Adults 18-49:
    Fox: 9.4 rating/23 share, CBS: 2.9/7, ABC: 2.6/7, NBC: 1.6/4, CW: 0.4/1

FOX

CBS

ABC

NBC

CW

2. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

those are bad numbers even for a 90210 repeat

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Poor Lost. :( I know the numbers mean shit, but I hate to see it like this.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

LOST is too good to be popular ;) I just thank gawd that they kept all the sci-fi out of the first year so it became a ratings sensation and managed to stay on the air all six years!

5. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, Knight Rider looks to have scored well.

6. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ Eh? You're joking surely.

The only consolation for KR is that it's not alone. Life on Mars and Life are also worm food....

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Lost is the number 1 DVR/Tivo show so its not all bad I guess and finals will probably push it over 10 million...Still while Idol is now using the Wed 9pm slot, I guess ABC could move it to 10pm since LoM is dead. Am going to stop watching LoM since ABC will kill it...Cannot believe I said Lost should go back to 10

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry to say KR is looking more and more likely for the chopping block.

9. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

im not sorry about Life on Mars, you guys should never have remade it in the first place.

10. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's a rise of half million over last week though. :shifty:

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those demos are great at that viewership level. Don't cry for Lost; a lot of shows could wish to be pulling those numbers (Heroes for instance).

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

American people are too stupid to see the awesomeness that is time travel and they don't understand what is going on. Case in point, I have to explain everything to my mom afterwards.

13. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Before I started watching Lost my mom would always talk about how confusing it was. I watched it on DVD and didn't find it confusing at all (besides the mysteries).

Then after watching the episode last night with Charlotte talking about how she saw Faraday on the island my mom was wondering how that was possible and I reminded her about the end of the first episode of the season with Faraday working with Dharma and she had completely forgotten that scene. Even after describing it to her I'm not sure she remembered the scene.

She also didn't realize the woman who saved Jin was Rousseau until I told her (and even then she didn't remember the name Rousseau, I had to tell her she was the crazy French woman and that Jin had traveled in time to when she first got to the island).

14. bigdaddy

See? People are stupid and have a memory of a gold fish.

It's really not that confusing, it's rather easy to fallow really.

15. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

LoM was not understood by Americans, simple as that and so many people mentioned that was the biggest danger before the 1st episode aired.

16. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Unless someone devotes a lot of time and thought to LOST, the show can be very confusing and many details can be forgotten. TPTB didn't do the show any favors early on by re-running episodes as well as moving the schedule from February through May. Having the season interrupted/shortened by the writer's strike didn't help either.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm sure if I just watched LOST once and didn't look at websites I would forget things and find it really confusing. But I peruse Lostpedia all the time and talk about them here and usually re-watch the previous season before the new one starts. I know when a show comes back from a break that I only watch once and don't read about, I can never remember what was going on. When BSG or Heroes restarts I have to go on wiki and read the synopses of the last few episodes because I don't remember who lost their powers or who regained their powers or who did what or who's President at the moment or who's sleeping with who, etc...

18. rac76

rac76 Captain Captain

I wouldn't stop watching LoM, that will just drive it further into the hole. Please try to stay on to watch, which may help with the ratings. I don't think that ABC has killed in anyway, it just takes time for some shows to find their footing. Remember that it took "Cheers" a second season for it to become popular, and with "Seinfield" too.

Also there are many Americans that don't know about the British version that are watching the show. Just remember that "Three's Company" was a British import, and that worked out fine here for a few seasons. It's just that nobody in the television business gives anyone the chance to make it anymore.

This is the only show that is on broadcast television that I watch, I don't watch anything else that are on ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC. I lost interest in the Office, and I'll just buy the Scrubs dvds. LoM is the only show that I have made the effort to remember to watch, and if it goes, then I just go back to watching cable.

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Not being in the USA, my viewing does not count :) but the show is virtually dead, ABC will probably announce it before end of the months. The Feb sweeps normally make or break a show and 5 million for quite an expensive show is 100% for the axe. ABC did little wrong, the show just did not catch on, a real pity.

20. bigdaddy

I watch the show, once every few months in the summer I go into the Lost forum, that's rare. I remember the little facts just fine. There are French people who landed on the island? Must be the crazy French lady!

I mean really, every little thing doesn't have to me remember to enjoy the show, but you have to have some memory of the past.