As hated as "Let He Who is Without Sin" is...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Mike Have-Not, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Mike Have-Not

Mike Have-Not Captain Captain

SF Bay Area, North American Continent, Earth, Sol
    I like the insight into Worf's reserved nature.

It makes sense of the character.

His story about growing up as a Klingon child amongst humans is perhaps the best part of the ep.

Well, that and the scantily clad females... :p

2. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I like the fact Worf is a stuck-up prude. But it's the idea, not the execution, I'm afraid.

3. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's not much to redeem this one I'm afraid. For every scantily-clad Leeta, there's Bashir camping it up! :lol:

4. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

Yeah, Worf's recollection of the boy he killed on Gault was a good part of an otherwise poor episode. There's also a cool life of Kahless quote in there.

5. TeutonicNights

TeutonicNights Commander Red Shirt

Why do people hate this ep so much?

6. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Preachy, moralistic and fairly strained way to contrast premarital tensions between the looseygoosey Jadzia, and starchy Worf. And this episode wasted our beautiful, bathing suit clad beauties. A trip to Risa is supposed to be fun, relaxing!

7. TeutonicNights

I suppose you're right. I loved the Quark scenes, though. complaining about the rain, and
    *hands Horgahn to Bashir* "Here, you'll need this more than I do"

8. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Never hated it. Certainly not a favorite, but there are far worse.

Vanessa Williams's character is too, well, recognizable as...Vanessa Williams to be interesting.

Some people hate it for the essentialists. But why wouldn't there be people like the Essentialists? It's like people are arguing in favor of Roddenberry's flawless humanity of the future, which saps a lot of drama potential.

9. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

How come s Worf wasn't court martialed and expelled from Starfleet for sabotaging the weather control of an entire freaking planet for no good reason whatsoever?

10. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    I actually like that they introduced the Essentialists. I also think it's safe to assume there'd be people like this even in Trek's enlightened future.
    HOWEVER, they're sadly wasted in what I personally consider one of DS9's worst offerings. Bad writing, bad dialog, bad acting, bad characterization etc. Just a total waste. It's amazing how this came along in such a strong season but then DS9 unfortunately managed this in almost every season for some reason. How these stinkers ever made it to the screen I will never know...

11. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

My thoughts exactly.

Worf was definitely having some sort of male PMS in this episode. Good grief - go take a happy pill, 'fer cryin' out loud!

12. TeutonicNights

Soccer makes people crazy.
    At least he wasn't turning a bunch of innocent kids into a fascist mob this time.

13. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Risans (Risians?) are forgiving in nature? Who else is gonna sell out Worf? Dax? Bashir?

Using the "should've been court martialed" stance, then you'd have most of the leads of every series booted out of Starfleet. O'Brien freed Tossk and sabotaged the station (to save Keiko, but). Riker's a murderer (and arguably so is Janeway). Picard violated the prime directive a few times. Data's put the ship and crew in danger a few times. Tuvok engaged in a conspiracy to illegally acquire alien technology. Bashir lied on his entry to Starfleet, not mentioning being genetically enhanced.