Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

@Out Of My Vulcan Mind
    I see her as Cat Grant...Cat has to be in this movie. :)

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Snyder is smart we'll get a full Daily Planet bullpen with Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Cat, Steve Lombard, Ron Troupe, etc. They can be supporting roles but I'd like to see a traditional bullpen.

3. Admiral_Young

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^ Dammit! We posted at the same time. :lol:

Wow this shit keeps getting crazier...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118031515?refCatId=13

:lol:

5. Admiral_Young

We go from the batch of actresses that were rumored to three totally different actress in less than a week. WTF? Out of those three I'd love if Alice Eve was chosen, she's fantastic. To be honest I'd be fine with either of them.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Well if a trilogy is being planned and this is starting at a earlier stage in Clark's life...then I can see Lois not being the main female lead...could be Lana.

7. Admiral_Young

Yep like I suggested in my first post it could be Lana in the first movie...could be that we won't even see the Daily Planet staff which would be interesting. Lana hasn't been in a movie since Superman III of course. Martha Kent herself, Annette O'Toole. I'm even more intrigued by this film now.

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Wait...all blondes...OMFG!!! IT'S CHLOE!!! :lol: :p

9. Admiral_Young

LOL. Chloe is in the DCU now so yep.

10. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah, maybe they are casting the bullpen like Admiral Young said and it's Cat. These names, it's like the Emma Frost casting all over again.

11. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Could be an original character a la Rachel Dawes.

12. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or maybe it will be Mercy Graves.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're gonna cast a bunch of different hot chicks that will throw themselves at Clark and he'll actually bed a few of them so that no one mistakes this movie for Smallville. :lol:

14. Admiral_Young

It's funny that ObiWan brought up Emma since Alice Eve was attached to play Emma but had to drop out and Rosamund Pike was rumored but turned out was just visiting lol. The rumors swirling around this and "The Dark Knight Rises" is pretty damn crazy. I'm still baffled how in less than a week we went from a group of actresses that sites were reporting in the running for Lois then all of a sudden we find out it's not Lois they're reading for but someone else and we get an entirely new crop. This reminds me more of the Gwen Stacy casting rather than Emma Frost. We went around in circles for weeks before someone was picked.

15. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Lori Lemaris is my choice.

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I know you were probably joking but I can totally see him as Perry white. I like it!

17. Admiral_Young

I personally think it's going to be revealed to be Lana Lang, or it will be a totally new character as Jackson Archer suggested. This movie is seemingly looking more and more like a Clark Kent film, with Superman appearing in the second half of the film towards the end even which will be interesting. Clearly going to be a different take which is something I'm looking forward to.

18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Couldn't be Supergirl...could it?

19. Admiral_Young

Could be Kara sure.

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

So we're getting a Spider-man movie with no MJ or JJJ, now a Superman movie with no Lois. Interesting.

My money is also on an all-new female character. I think Diane Kruger and Rosamund Pike are too old to be Lana. Jackson Archer was probably right with the Rachel Dawes reference.