Jurassic World website opens

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Doctorwhovian, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

http://www.masraniglobal.com/index.html

Basically, a phony company website from the guys who now own the Ingen company (Ala Star Wars's Holonet News). Nevertheless, provides some interesting insight into the film's plot, such as a picture of returning B.D Wong as Henry Wu and the Amazing Spider-Man/Life Of Pi actor as Hammond's sucessor.

Also probably means a trailer is on the way. Also interesting is the Spinosaur skeleton, maybe it will be in the film again? (and perhaps an explanation for why it wasn't on Ingen's list as mentioned in JPIII dialogue?)

2. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

teaser trailer, no joke
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgzy0hOh-v4[/yt]

3. Doctorwhovian

The early trailers for the previous Jurassic Park films weren't much either. Neither the one for Jurassic Park or Jurassic Park III showed any footage from the film-JP was some miners digging up amber; and the JP3 trailer included on the JP/TLW DVDs was just a shot of a jungle.

Both movies didn't get the full trailers until fairly close to release (and the JP trailer was wise to not show much of the Dinosaurs).

TLW showed a bit more I think though.

Anyway, the water is more of a countdown teaser to the trailer which debuts on Thanksgiving (next Thursday).

4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

try this
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvu-zlR5A8Q#t=11[/yt]

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That did it for me, I geeked out. Teasers for teaser-trailers usually annoy the hell out of me, but this make me think they could actually pull it off.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I really, really, REALLY hope they release an official park map of the island showing where everything is. There's nothing I love more than theme park maps!

7. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

There already is an official one out there, I don't have a link right now, but try googleing it. :)

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Ah, I found it on google, but the image wasn't good enough to properly see it. But it didn't have the level of detail a real park map would have unfortunately.

9. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I usually hate those "trailers for trailers" crap but that sent chills down my spine.

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

So the obvious question is what could possible go wrong, with a park full of canivorous dinosaurs. :p

11. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  12. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had an "eh" reaction to it. The visual effects actually looked more impressive in Jurassic Park back in 93 or whenever it came out. Seeing big dinosaurs now just isn't as impressive as it was back then. Now with the oversaturation of all the big heavy effects pictures now.

13. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

I like sequels that continue and build on the story started by the original. I generally do NOT like sequels that repeat the story of the original, and that unfortunately seems to be what this is doing. It looks like it will be an exciting movie, but not one that went a direction I would have chosen.

14. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

An intelligent genetically engineered killing monster that the scientist didn't see anything bad occurring after its creation.

That's fresh and exciting.

15. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah unfortunately that's my reaction as well. By this point we've already seen every possible variation of giant CG creature on the big screen (from dinosaurs to dragons to trolls), so it's just hard to get that excited at the chance to see... even more of them.

And haven't they done the "super-intelligent" dinosaur thing in every movie so far? I guess this one's supposed to be even... more intelligent?

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm curious to what direction would you have gone? The idea for Jurassic Park 4 was to have Angel/Booth have a team of dino/human/dog hybrids hold guns and kill all the "normal" dinosaurs on the mainland.

My only problem with the new movie is how would they make a 5th? Where does the story go from here? And why would a mother allow a 12 year old to go to an island full of dinosaurs without her?

And why the hell aren't the new super dinosaurs being developed on one of the 4 other islands?

17. Doctorwhovian

Maybe the Spinosaur on Isla Sorna/Site B was one-Grant and Billy note that in JP3 that it wasn't on Ingen's list, and Grant wonders if Ingen was up to something. The website sort of hints at this too, that maybe they were 'testing' new Dinosaurs.

Also there are only two islands, Nublar and Sorna. Sorna is in a five-island chain but perhaps the other islands weren't suitable for the large scale 'factory floor' of Site B.

According to the director, the new Dinosaur is developed because the visitors got bored of the same old Dinosaurs so they developed a new hybrid creature.

The plot for the film kind of reminds me a bit of two JP products-the "Operation Genesis" game which was sort of a Simcity/Sims/Tycoon type video game with a working and operational JP, and the Chaos Effect toyline which had hybrid Dinosaurs.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  18. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I'll say it then..... I am hooked. Sure, it's not gonna be the same as the original. But it looks like a great fun movie, which is all I really want from my summer flick.

19. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a strange reasoning. One, they're dinosaurs. I don't think the intrigue would fade that quickly, if ever. And two, zoos seem to do alright without having to genetically engineer crazy new animals. If baby pandas can keep interest high, extinct dinos should have even less trouble with that.

20. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Sadly appears to have Spielbergs mandatory quota of children...