Thor 2 -Movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2013

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aldo, May 6, 2012.

1. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I can't say I am familiar with him. But I did see that he directed a couple of episodes of Game of Thrones so that is good to know.

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Re: Thor 2 discussion thread.

Not necessarily. Scheduling is different for all shows, and the window of time between writing/shooting/completing episodes
    and when they are finally broadcast can vary even more so. It is entirely possible that Dennings could still appear in the film with as large as or larger a part as she had in Thor 2. It will all depend on scheduling.

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

And if this movie does indeed take place primarily in Asgard it's good that we have a director who is familiar with that kind of setting.

Though I am bummed Branaugh is'nt coming back, I do like him as a director.

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I was very bummed to hear Kenneth Branagh wasn't coming back to direct Thor 2. I believe he was largely attributable to the film's success. I am unfamiliar with Alan Taylor, so I'll withhold judgement.

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Digging around trying to find any bit of news I haven' read yet about this film, I came across this from Hemsworth:

Taken from: Comic Book Movies

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Not making it a Summer release is an odd choice.

Bulk of it taking place in Asgard I'm not sure on either, but I guess we'll see how things go over the next couple of years.

7. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Alternating between summer and winter never hurt Harry Potter any. :)

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Well the movie does start filming in August, so perhaps we'll find more out then. Unless they keep this movie under wraps, which is possible.

9. Admiral James Kirk

I hope they can pump out a teaser by Christmas.

10. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They could set the story in Bumfuck, Australia as far as I'm concerned, so long as they finally give Thor a helmet that he wears for most of the damn movie.

I get that the original prop wasn't designed or meant for action work (hence why it didn't show up in The Avengers), but god damn, GIVE THOR HIS HELMET.

11. Admiral James Kirk

But then the ladies won't be able to see Chris Hemsworth's perdy, long, flowing blond hair! There will be rioting in the streets, there will be! :eek:

12. USS Mariner

They could just follow behind him. Not only would they get to ogle his hair, they can also ogle his ass at the same time.

Everybody happy!

13. Admiral James Kirk

Well he does have a wonderful ass. Okay, I agree with you and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter! :techman:

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The best part about the November release is that we won't have to wait for nearly an entire year between Thor 2 and Captain America 2. :techman:

15. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Three pages already, I'm just now seeing this thread myself. Been so busy this weekend but this much early attention on Thor bodes well me thinks!

I'm hoping for some stronger Sif development in this sequel myself. I also am hoping for the Enchantress. I mean those two plus Jane is going to make for quite a female centric tale but I think it's due!!! Toss in the Executioner plus any fall out from Loki's meddling from Avengers stir and enjoy!!!

Does anyone else want Thor to wear his helmet more, that has been sorely lacking imo. I mean it can't be cause it's "silly". I love how Loki struts around in his and a winged helmet isn't anymore outlandish than "Reindeer Games". ;) Heck, or Cap's cowl for that matter.

16. Admiral James Kirk

Jane, Sif and the Enchantress... Damn, my balls just ruptured. That's a lot of hotness. Toss in Kat Dennings and that's a whole buncha titties under one realm! Sounds good to me! :D

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I think the Enchantress and the Executioner are solid choices for the sequel. Eva Green for the Enchantress and Nathan Jones for the Executioner!

I don't really care about Thor's helmet. :p

18. USS Mariner

HERESEY!

19. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

That's what I'm interested in. Loki doesn't appear to be an outright villain, so it should be interesting what path they take with his character in this film and a (potential) third film.

20. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

With the action for Thor 2 being mainly on Asgard it only makes sense that more Asgardians would appear. Casting calls indicate that the Valkyrie are likely to appear. Which sets the stage for future Defender and Secret Avenger Brunhilde, fiercest of the Valkyries to appear.