Indiana Jones: The Quest for Death...aka Harrison says kill Indy!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Death. It's what Harrison Ford is recommending for cinematic legend Indiana Jones in the next installment of the franchise. Which means that YES they are working on another for sure BUT that Harrison thinks it's time to pass the whip to Mutt.
    I think we all know Indy's time for adventure is at its end but there is no reason to kill Indy on screen, imo. I'd be all for them filming the movie and passing it to Mutt(assuming he's a more likeable character) but it still leaves open a window for other media(comics,novels) to play with the idea of Indy still doing something.

2. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

As if the fourth one didn't piss fans off enough and he's trying to come up with ways to piss them off even more. :rolleyes:

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't mind except that I don't like Mutt

4. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

If it makes sense in the context of the story. Fine with me. But don't do it just to do it. Kinda like the difference between Generations and The Search For Spock and how they chose to destroy the Enterprise.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  5. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

6. Captain Craig

^^^
    Ford reps reached out to....The Huffington Post?
    I find that statement odd since they aren't an entertainment publication(well not intentionally anyway).
    Ford reps didn't reach out to Entertainment Weekly, but The Huffington Post??

Still, be nice to have Indy alive and the rumor be false.

7. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Plus there's the whole "Young Indy Chronicles" canon to deal with, or when they re-edited the shows to take out the Old Indy, did they write him out of official canon?

8. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

Yes, I have heard that according to the Young Indy shows, Indy himself survives all the way into the early 1990s.

9. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I think a "Star Trek" (2009) type of reboot would be a better way to go if they HAVE to do a sequel. Too bad River Phoenix isn't around to reprise his role. I thought he was great in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"...one of the reasons that it's my favourite movie in the trilogy.

10. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Actually, these days The Huffington Post covers pretty much everything. It's an increasingly high profile online publication. Prior to this rumor, I'd never heard of the website (Showbiz Spy) that started circulating this story, so I'd say HuffPo is a logical enough choice. They did, after all, run the rumor as well.

11. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

On screen deaths are never a good idea. Just look at how the death of Kirk was butchered. When one creates a legend, it's always hard to make a pleasing death.

12. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

That Skull movie proved to me that Indy is already dead.

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn you! I was just about to say.....

Didn't they do a good job of killing him in the last one?

14. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

Do we really need another Indy movie anyway?

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

The guy survived a nuclear blast by hiding in a fridge, I don't see how anything could kill him at this point. Personally I like the idea of an older Indy acting more and more like his father, so I say if they *insist* on continuing the franchise, keep him alive but move him into a supporting role with Mutt (who came up with that name?!) to the forefront.

16. Captain Craig

Well, its more a nickname, like Indy(named for the dog he loved). Mutt(nickname no doubt playing off the dog thing) is really ALSO named Henry. He is Henry Jones III.

17. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

I think it would be a disaster.

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

If any fifth film is like the fourth, he'll probably die of boredom. And so will the audience.

19. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you don't want to play Indy anymore...just DON'T MAKE ANOTHER MOVIE.

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Oh I know, but it's still a crap nickname. :p

Incidentally, with all the KotCS hate flying around I should admit in all honesty that I rather liked the film. Not a patch on Raiders and totally lacking the chemistry that made Last Crusade great, but it was much better overall than Temple of Doom and taken on it's own it was still an enjoyable film in it's own right and beat the hell out of pretenders like the National Treasure, Tomb Raider of Mummy films audiences have been subjected to since Indy last rode off into that sunset. So yeah, I'd take a sub-par Indy over just about any other adventure movie any day. ;)